PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Conference USA Bowl Action!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Conference USA Bowl Action!

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:02 pm

Its Time its Time! Its Bowling Time!!!

Memphis vs North Texas Here we Go!!

Gotta cheer on those Tigers since they're in CUSA!!

GOOD LUCK MEMPHIS!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Conference USA Bowl Action!

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:29 pm

Memphis is a much improved program under Tommy West and will be a strong contributor to the CUSA east. They had a quality win over Ole Miss this year and appear to be handling UNT pretty well.

I really do think CUSA has good potential, assuming TCU stays and SMU, Tulsa & Houston all continue improving. Memphis, Marshall and USM are very competitive and I firmly believe ECU and UCF will return to form. I know UAB has struggled, but they are pretty flexible in who they will admit so I have to believe they will be competitive. Clearly SMU and Rice will be the weak links going in, but I'd like to think we will be competitive by the time we start play in CUSA. That may be the year we crack .500 again

We are still in the WAC, so I should be pulling for the WAC teams. Do I want Boise to whip TCU? If that would earn Boise a MWC invite and result in them snubbing TCU, I'm all for it. I would rather have TCU as a conference mate than La Tech.

Do I pull for Hawaii or future mate Houston? This changing conferences thing is making it tough for me to decide who to pull for in some of these games.
Charleston Pony

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:05 pm

Im going for all Conference USA teams except for TCU of course lol I just wanna see them get the crap beat out of them.

North Texas-17
Memphis-24
7:10 left in 4th

This is turning into a pretty good game
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Diehard Pony » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:28 am

NT falls to Memphis 27-17.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:31 am

attendance was announced as 25,184. Not a great bowl game crowd, but an improvement over previous years. We will soon be hearing from the mean greenies how they traveled 22,000 to the game.I thought Memphis' being in this game might boost attendance beyond those numbers.

Meanwhile, I read this week that Clemson had 33,000 requests for tickets to the Peach Bowl and was only to fill about 22,000 of those requests. Also see that Ole Miss sold 17k for the Cotton Bowl and was looking for 25k tickets. I guess that's why they are BCS and we're not!
Charleston Pony

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:34 am

Memphis had a much bigger crowd than North Texas. They filled up one whole side (dont think they used the upper bowl arena but just hte lower) and then went all the way to the right and left and then North Texas Fans started in. On the sides Memhpis fans were scattered out but still its an NFL arena so
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Texas Pony » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:41 am

I wonder how those bozos on the Ticket 1310AM feel this morning after their beloved North Texas State choked in the New Orleans Bowl?
Texas Pony

Return to Football