PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Guess who just withdrew from Ga AD search!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Guess who just withdrew from Ga AD search!

Postby geno » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:53 pm

Pony fans who are anxious that Eric Hyman might leave TCU and go to Georgia should now feel relieved. He just announced his withdrawal from consideration for the job. So don't worry, Pony fans, he'll be around a long time. (And by the way, who's YOUR AD, and which jobs has HE been asked to interview for lately?)
geno
Junior Varsity

Re: Guess who just withdrew from Ga AD search!

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:08 pm

in other words, he was aware he wasn't going to be offered so he gets to say "I'm happy to be in Ft Worth". Must be why he interviewed to begin with! You're looking like a fool, Geno.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby geno » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:40 pm

Hey, Charleston, I've looked like a fool many a time, but never, never, never yet an 0-11 fool!
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:47 pm

make that 0-12, FOOL!!! That isn't easy to accomplish. And Copeland's name has been mentioned in connection wih a few big name programs since he's been here in Dallas, but like Hyman, he's always "withdrawn" his name from consideration. In other words, he wasn't the guy they really wanted.
Charleston Pony

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:17 pm

The guy must be a moron. What AD in their right mind from TCU, and SMU for that matter, would not jump at the chance to be the AD at Georgia? Seriously, no matter how much you frog fans have brainwashed yourself, that is a huge promotion.

I guess you'll just be pussing out of bowls for forever now. How are your finals going?
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby gostangs » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:47 pm

He is no moron - he just was not chosen for the job - not a big mystery to anyone who has a brain.
gostangs

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:49 pm

The announcers are dogging TCU right now and rightfully so. They have no idea the respect they lost in the last month.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby geno » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:20 pm

Hey Mike, am I reading right? An SMU fan talking about "respect" and how much has been lost int he last month? Respect? From an 0-11 or is it 0-12 team? A person has to qualify to talk about respect, and you've only got about at least one win a year to go. And did the announcers at the GMAC bowl mention SMU at all? Why not?
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:47 pm

The respect I'm talking about is different than just wins and losses. We don't duck anything. Heck, we may have lost all our games, but we scheduled teams like Tech and OSU. You guys, on the other hand, completely and totally ran from the GMAC Bowl and Miami(Ohio). If you say anything else, you're delusional.

And no the announcers did not talk about us tonight. Once again proof that TCU believes bad press is better than no press at all.

Even if they didn't talk about us, at least one frog fan thinks enough of us to register and post on our board.

<small>[ 12-18-2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Mike Damone ]</small>

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:26 am

The SEC was practically begging Copeland to be their new commish.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:49 am

I thought they were after Turner not Copeland?
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Mike Damone » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:15 pm

ATHENS, Ga. -- Damon Evans was hired as Georgia's athletic director Friday, the first black to hold that job in the Southeastern Conference.

Evans, 34, also will be the youngest athletic director in the SEC when Vince Dooley retires in June.

"I think it's the right decision," Dooley said. "It's a wise decision, a very wise decision."

The SEC has been criticized for the pace of its minority hiring. Now, the appointment of Evans comes less than three weeks after the first black football coach in the SEC was hired -- Sylvester Croom at Mississippi State.

This latest move follows months of controversy since university president Michael Adams did not renew Dooley's contract. Dooley's supporters contend he essentially was forced into retirement. Dooley groomed Evans for the job but had hoped to work a few more years.

Georgia football great Herschel Walker, who resigned from a fund-raising committee because of the way Dooley was treated, lauded the hiring of Evans, particularly because of his ties to the school.

"It's a super decision, but the decision against coach Dooley is still wrong," he said. "You can't say this makes up for it."

Evans, of Gainesville, Ga., played football for Georgia from 1988-92, an era that included Dooley's final season as head coach.

Evans worked at Missouri and the SEC before returning to Georgia and moving up to his current position of senior associate athletic director for internal affairs under Dooley.

Evans accepted handshakes and congratulations Thursday night as he watched the Georgia basketball team beat South Alabama 65-63. The other finalists for the job dropped out Thursday.

That last line tells it all. I guess all the other finalist decided their current job was better than the UGA job. Or the obvious, they were told a decision was made and they were given a chance to save face.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Return to Football