PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Landmark Posting on Ponyfans.com

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Landmark Posting on Ponyfans.com

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:21 pm

This is my 1,000th post on www.ponyfans.com. I am always amazed at the depth of passion that the posters on this board have for SMU. Despite our disagreements at times, one thing's for sure...we all love SMU and want only what's best for the school and its athletic programs. We've seen the good and we've seen the bad. And I, for one, truly believe that better days are right around the corner.

No, I didn't attend SMU. There are many days that I wish that I had. But my loyalty to the school is deep and will never die. Like the song says, "...and right to the end we'll stand..."

Thanks to the web masters of www.ponyfans.com for setting up this board so that we can all discuss our passion (SMU Athletics). Keep up the great work, guys!

I'd also like to thank the loyal Mustangs on this board who set up tailgate parties this past year on The Boulevard and who continued to attend the football games, despite the outcome of the previous week's game. I'd also like to thank those of you who were kind enough to remember my father, I.T. Hurst (SMU, '48), who was a yell leader on The Hilltop, who passed away a year ago this past Wednesday. I know he's looking down on all of us and still cheering "GO MUSTANGS!"

Here's to another great year of Mustang football and basketball and all other athletic events, as well as to our upcoming move to Conference USA!

Thanks for a great 1,000 posts...and here's to another 1,000 and more!!!

GO MUSTANGS! HAIL TO THE RED AND THE BLUE! :thumbupcool:
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Landmark Posting on Ponyfans.com

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:49 pm

Great Job Man on reaching 1000 Posts!!

Ahmen to the Hailing of the Red and the Blue!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:20 pm

1000th. post....hhmmmm, is this "feat" to be toasted and celebrated or do you need the number of a good shrink / bartender / golf pro / marriage counsler / sex therapist / preacher...??
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:34 pm

Congrats :)
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:34 pm

Congrats :) :showoff:
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:04 pm

Originally posted by HighfalutinHorse:
1000th. post....hhmmmm, is this "feat" to be toasted and celebrated or do you need the number of a good shrink / bartender / golf pro / marriage counsler / sex therapist / preacher...??
Feel free to open a bottle of your favorite beverage. ;) I'll do the same when you post 966 more times.
MrMustang1965

Postby davish75 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:40 pm

Yes, your post is very nice. It is amazing how attached one attains to their school. My Father started taking me to all SMU football and basketball games from 5 years old. I cried with each loss and was happy beyond belief with each win. That indoctrination carries over to my 50s. SMU was the team trying to win without the build in advantages of the state schools with made each win over them so special. The loss of the SWC is a tragedy for everyone in order to accomodate the TV Gods.
AustinTX
davish75
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyTales » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:33 pm

Hmmmm .... 1,000 posts? The count below your post says 1,002. Either way, well done, MM65!

Here's your assignment: 998 more before 2004! :w00t:
PonyTales
Heisman

Return to Football