PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU to Mountain West? Who cares?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU to Mountain West? Who cares?

Postby Johnny Rock » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:54 am

There is too much talk about TCU going to Mountain West. Who cares? I don't. SMU needs to focus on itself and quit worrying about TCU. I posted a similar remark several weeks ago. TCU is a rival and we will continue to play them every year. It is a great game for both schools. It would be a much better game if SMU would develop a Division 1-A athletic model and start getting serious about winning. During Cavan's tenure and the same goes so far for Bennett's tenure, SMU and TCU do not recruit many of the same players. Cavan said so and so did Kevin Blackistone of the DMN. Many of TCU'S players were not even looked at by SMU due to SMU'S recruiting policies. TCU also has several JUCO players on its roster and transfers that SMU did not recruit due to its policies. TCU still continues to bring in JUCO'S that SMU cannot recruit due to its policies. My point? TCU does not effect SMU'S fortunes. SMU'S biggest opponent and competition is itself. It is time to quit whinning and make the necessary changes to have a successful Division 1-A football program. To TCU...go for it. Do what is best for yourselves. Maybe one day, both schools can have winnning records when we meet on the football field...now that would be fun. Until such a time, Johnny will still be harping on the athletic department and the board to make changes to compete. Merry Christmas to all (including my enemies who post on this board).
Johnny Rock

Re: TCU to Mountain West? Who cares?

Postby MizterTea » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:17 am

Why are you so "special" that you get your own thread - just to comment on the thread that is already open!!

PS _ if you don't care - DON'T READ THE POST (didn't you see the topic) - some of us want to discuss this. And if you REALLY hate the discussion, why are you starting ANOTHER thread about it?!

<small>[ 12-22-2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: MizterTea ]</small>
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby scostas » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:34 am

Another Johnny Rock re-run... What's the matter Johnny? Can't ride the "fire Dement" horse today, can you?
scostas

Postby geno » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:19 pm

You may be MisterT, but your post sounds more like Mr. Scrooge, appropriate for Christmastime.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Johnny Rock » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:12 pm

Johnny is special. He is special because he is one of the few who are willing to speak truths and post opinions that are not necessarily popular or encouraged. Mizter T....here is some advice for you....wake up and smell the roses and quit posting simply for attention. Debate me on the issues.
Johnny Rock

Postby Greenwich Pony » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:31 pm

As in "Special Education?"
Support the Commitment! We're all SMU Mustangs fans- we should all be committed!
Greenwich Pony
Varsity

Postby MizterTea » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:16 pm

Originally posted by geno:
You may be MisterT, but your post sounds more like Mr. Scrooge, appropriate for Christmastime.
NO... I just don't like suckas startin' new threads on a topic to talk that jibba jabba about how they don't like the topic of another thread!

Johnny Rock = Silly Foo'
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Return to Football