PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jared sounds like the real deal

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jared sounds like the real deal

Postby ponybutt » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:54 pm

I like to see someone of talent; come in and sound like a regular guy competeing for a job. He could of gone to a'lot of schools....but, he came here!! He sounds like an upstanding young man that simply wants to "play ball". THAT SOUND's GREAT!!!!!!!!!
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Re: Jared sounds like the real deal

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:04 am

really? I thought his only other offer was from Baylor and Division 1AA schools and the Baylor was withdrawn after they got Dane King. At least that's what he is quoted as saying on Rivals-mere days before the JUCO signing date.

<small>[ 12-26-2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Stallion ]</small>
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Fan » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:09 am

I think the two JUCO guys are "insurance policies" against the debacle we have had the last few years with NO quarterbacks. These guys played in programs that did not throw the ball 80 times per game so their stats, and therefore their offers, are not that impressive. From what I hear, Romo is pretty good and the Eckert is maybe a "suspect". They really wanted Romo. Don't be completely surprised with a late commitment from a really top quarterback.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby Pony Fan » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:09 am

I think the two JUCO guys are "insurance policies" against the debacle we have had the last few years with NO quarterbacks. These guys played in programs that did not throw the ball 80 times per game so their stats, and therefore their offers, are not that impressive. From what I hear, Romo is pretty good and the Eckert is maybe a "suspect". They really wanted Romo. Don't be completely surprised with a late commitment from a really top quarterback.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby Dement-ed » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:28 am

That's a real good story the Webbies did on Romo. If he's talented as he is an impressive quote guy, he might make a real run for the QB job this spring.

<small>[ 12-27-2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Dement-ed ]</small>
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Return to Football