PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Do you think Dave Campbellls magazine is slighting us?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Do you think Dave Campbellls magazine is slighting us?

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri May 26, 2000 12:34 pm

I think the new Ford Stadium certainly deserves to be on the cover. This is as nice of a facility as there is anywhere, and it would make a great cover. I guess there are not enough people that care about SMU. That will change.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Do you think Dave Campbellls magazine is slighting us?

Postby MustangMan » Fri May 26, 2000 5:25 pm

Of course SMU is getting slighted by Dave Cambell. But keep in mind, Campbell is a Baylor High "grad" (for whatever it's worth to have a degree from that toilet of a school), he lives in Waco and they named the damn press box after that illiterate goon. If he had his way, Odell James or some other overrated JUCO-in-training would have been on the cover every year. But in an effort to sell that rag that's written on a second-grade level, he caves to the Tom Hicks-funded Austin Empire and puts Mack Brown or some other UT idiot on the cover in those god-awful burnt-puke uniforms.

Don't worry about that terrible magazine. I realize there are some who think it's the bible of Texas football, but it's badly-written, terribly edited and usually very out of date by the time it goes into print. Campbell appears (at least to me) to have some sort of superiority complex over SMU because his 32-year-old college players beat a group of gutty -- albeit young and undersized -- SMU players who were barely out of high school when the teams met in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The Mustangs could go undefeated 10 years in a row and the Waco Wacko wouldn't put us on his cover. Calling Dave Campbell an unbiased journalist is like saying George W. Bush is a member of MENSA.
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football