PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We didn't finish last!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

We didn't finish last!!!

Postby Mike Damone » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:04 pm

The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Re: We didn't finish last!!!

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:10 pm

Thank a Froggie today.
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lotus » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:28 pm

I'm still curious how the Frogs ended the season ranked. A loss to a good-but-not-great Southern Miss team. A skin-of-their-teeth squeaker against SMU. A loss in their bowl-at-home game. There have to be 25 teams better than they are.
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby EastStang » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:32 am

Snoop Doggy Dog's ad campaign kept their name in the media and reminded pollsters they were out there. I noticed Miami of Ohio ended up 12, Boise 15, Utah 22, TCU 25. No future Big East teams in top 15. So, if the BE loses its BCS status then according to this scenario the MAC or the WAC would be the conference most likely to be invited not the MWC.

<small>[ 01-07-2004, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: EastStang ]</small>
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Boston Pony » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:57 am

If you put Boise State, Utah & TCU in the MWC, it places three in top 25 - pretty impressive. I don't think that matters (outside of BYU which has it's own network) none of the schools have a large following thus don't bring TV sets to the table for the BCS. We shouldn't knock the MWC for it's teams but for it's markets which is what Disney (ABC/ESPN) is looking at in the first place.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Boston Pony » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:57 am

If you put Boise State, Utah & TCU in the MWC, it places three in top 25 - pretty impressive. I don't think that matters (outside of BYU which has it's own network) none of the schools have a large following thus don't bring TV sets to the table for the BCS. We shouldn't knock the MWC for it's teams but for it's markets which is what Disney (ABC/ESPN) is looking at in the first place.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Return to Football