PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top 10: Coach Austin Adami

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Top 10: Coach Austin Adami

Postby Letterman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:31 am

Tuesday's Dallas Morning News is reporting that former star SMU offensive lineman Austin Adami has joined head coach Phil Bennett's staff as a graduate assistant. With that in mind ....

From the home office, High on the Hilltop, the Top 10 revelations about new SMU graduate assistant coach Austin Adami:

10. His head swells a little everytime an SMU coach says -- referring to Townsend Hargis -- "I want to see everyone blocking like #70!"

9. He'll learn quickly on the first day of 2-a-day preseason workouts that the golf cart with the cooler of ice water is designated for the HEAD coach

8. He arrived with a bit more swagger than most graduate assistants, telling anyone who will listen: "Hey, that Forrest Gregg guy was never the subject of a PonyFans.com Top 10 list!"

7. He'll get thrown out of coaches' recruiting meetings, when he follows the description and analysis of every player by shouting "I don't care if he is a 5-star on rivals.com, he'd barely make the JV team at Corpus Christi Calallen!"

6. He'll quickly learn that now that he's a coach, hitting on cheerleaders during games gets you fired, not benched

5. Now that he's a coach, he no longer will feel the urge to raise his hand when Coach Bennett asks "OK, who wants to comb my lunch out of my mustache?"

4. Lifting weights now consists only of endless 12-ounce curls

3. He was relieved to get the job, considering his competition for the position was that former linebacker who married Britney Spears

2. He'll lose some friends when he mistakenly assumes that it's now perfectly acceptable to wear a hat, a whistle and some of those waaaaay-too-tight coach's shorts to former teammates' weddings

And the #1 revelation about new SMU graduate assistant coach Austin Adami:

1. If his brother Allan doesn't call him "Coach" at family gatherings, he can make Allan run sprints until he pukes!

<small>[ 01-13-2004, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Letterman ]</small>
Letterman
Scout Team

Re: Top 10: Coach Austin Adami

Postby Hilltopper » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:10 am

I thought you'd slipped recently, but this is great!
#8 and #2 are the best (paints quite an interesting mental picture at the weddings!)

<small>[ 01-13-2004, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Hilltopper ]</small>
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Big Cat » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:19 am

Austin himself is getting married in the near future...
Big Cat
Scout Team

Postby Fresh » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:41 pm

Originally posted by Big Cat:
Austin himself is getting married in the near future...
Congratulations, Coach Adami!

But the question is: will he wear a whistle and a hat and those coach's shorts? If so, would that make the bride run a 4.3 the other way?

I'm kidding - congratulations, Austin.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:44 pm

Nicely done, Letterman!
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby ClassOf81 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:45 pm

Didn't someone (a former teammate, perhaps) get on here and say he was getting married soon, and that Adami is in the wedding? The shorts-and-whistle look should make quite an impression.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Pony Up » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:11 pm

Somehow I think Coach Gregg's resume stacks up OK, even next to that of the great Austin Adami!
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby Vitale » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:25 pm

Now that's pretty damn funny. Good job.
Vitale
All-American

Return to Football