PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Realignment

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Realignment

Postby Fresh » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:44 pm

The DMN reported today that conference realignment won't take place until the 2005-06 season -- as opposed to the proposed accelerated date of 2004-05 -- because lo and behold, the conferences couldn't agree. What a surprise.
Fresh
Varsity

Re: Realignment

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:06 pm

Our Contract with the WAC runs up after the 2004-2005 year. Unless we pay it off which we wont do cause theres just no reason to pay it off one year just live with it. One last year in the WAC is fine with me. Get one good shot in againist tha WAC teams before we leave ya know...
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Realignment

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:22 pm

I can understand wanting to do it as it would help with not having to deal with lame duck seasons for the teams but it would have been a logistical nightmare for it all to happen. I don't think money was the issue in itself.Plus, you have the x-factor of more conference shifts with TCU and possibly Boise going to the MWC. I think everyone wanted it to happen but it looks like only Miami and VA tech will be the only teams moving this coming season. I am not really thrilled about a lame duck season in the WAC but I might as well deal with it.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Return to Football