PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OU Sooners QB Transferring

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OU Sooners QB Transferring

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:14 pm

Rumors are 'hot' that OU QB Noah Allen (sophomore) is transferring to Sam Houston State, Div.1-AA Southland Conference. He'll join Texas A&M transfer QB Dustin Long in the 'Kats lineup.
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: OU Sooners QB Transferring

Postby MaroonFrog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:47 pm

Didn't Brent Rawls recently transfer to La Tech? You've got to wonder why these guys are getting out of there. Is it because OU over-recruits at QB?
Go Frogs
MaroonFrog
Recruit

Postby geephunk » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:49 pm

We have a lot of room to talk!
geephunk
Scout Team

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:26 pm

Originally posted by MaroonFrog:
Didn't Brent Rawls recently transfer to La Tech? You've got to wonder why these guys are getting out of there. Is it because OU over-recruits at QB?
Well, I'm guessing it's a long waiting line. Jason White will be back next year and then Paul Thompson is probably going to play the year after that and then they have the committment from Rhett Bomar, so I am guessing that Stoops or someone probably "recommended" that a transfer would be in his best interest.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Dr Jeske » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:04 pm

and add in Tommy Grady, the 6' 5" California recruit from last year who was supposed to be pretty good
Dr Jeske
Recruit

Postby Johnny Rock » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:43 am

Who cares about OU? I thought this was an SMU board. It appears that Bennett, if nothing else, has ensured that SMU will finally have some depth at the QB position--2 JUCO QBs, a sophmore, and a redshirt freshman. We have not had that depth at QB for a long time. SMU'S struggles can largely be attributed to our lack of QB play. Hopefully, that will not be the case anymore. By the way, why does a TCU poster come on our board to chime in about OU quarterbacks? Get a life you loser. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...go Mustangs.
Johnny Rock

Return to Football