PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How has recruiting gone so far?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How has recruiting gone so far?

Postby emmitt01 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Just wondering who SMU has signed thus far that you guys are excited about. UNT has signed a couple that we think will help a lot this coming season, or the next. After last year's record there's no place to go but up right?...no flame intended.

Feel free to visit us at gomeangreen.com

Good luck this year, especially against TCU and TT. We'll do what we can against TU.
emmitt01
Junior Varsity

Re: How has recruiting gone so far?

Postby PK » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:11 pm

Actually emmit, you haven't signed anyone yet...you can't until Feb. 4th. :smart:
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:45 pm

emmitt, how two faced can you be. You and your UNT cronies have been on a PR campaign all over the Net running down SMU. Get a life and don't worry about our recruiting dude.
Hoop Fan

Postby Stallion » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:46 am

he just wanted to come over here so he could brag about NTSU's stud RB recruit who could have gone just about anywhere BUT IS A NON-QUALIFIER!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby EastStang » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 pm

You mean they want to brag that they admit people at that fine institution who can't pass the minimum NCAA requirements? What are they now? A D average in H.S. core courses? That means he has to come up with the money to pay his own tuition, room, board and books. Good thing he only has to pay state tuition (assuming of course that he or his family are actually paying them).

<small>[ 01-22-2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: EastStang ]</small>
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby emmitt01 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:30 am

Well, it would seem that 0-12 makes people testy. I was attempting to ask a civil question. Clearly when you guys have sniffed an endzone, much less a victory, that would be a better time to try to talk to you. Good luck against Baylor. Hahahaha
emmitt01
Junior Varsity

Postby Johnny Rock » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:02 pm

emmitt01, you are an idiot and I make more money than you.
Johnny Rock

Postby emmitt01 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:22 pm

Johnny Rock, you may very well be right about making more money than me...but how can you be sure? Are you using the "I overpaid for my degree therefore I must be overpaid" logic? If so, kudos. Now back to how to get the mustangs ONE victory, much less the six it takes to be bowl eligible.

Insert "we could have won the sunbelt" logic here. But NOBODY and that includes your own fans believes this.
emmitt01
Junior Varsity

Postby McAndless » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:04 am

Emmitt, your success in the Sun Belt is impressive if you feel people really care. But like your degree from UNT, no one really notices except for you and your other alum.
McAndless
Junior Varsity

Return to Football