PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

c-usa expansion

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: c-usa expansion

Postby Dooby » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:14 am

Originally posted by LA_Mustang:
Dooby, I place the blame squarely on your shoulders.
I don't know what I was thinking. FWIW, the mean greenies were already peppering the C-USA boards.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:20 am

It my fault, I left their name off, just to prevent 100 pages about the new petting zoo that UNT is thinking about building.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:40 am

Originally posted by EastStang:
It my fault, I left their name off, just to prevent 100 pages about the new petting zoo that UNT is thinking about building.
And its going to be a helluva' petting zoo located between 2 Texas interstates adjacent to the UNT campus/Radisson Hotel and Conference Center on 160 acres of prime interstate real estate. We will be sending engraved invites. Check your mail boxes daily.
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:34 am

Wonder if there is any chance CUSA will pull a "MAC" and decide on 14 members? With UTEP, La Tech, UNT to choose from in the west and Temple, Miami-Ohio and Toledo all being discussed in the east...what are the chances that 3 could be invited? Would the latter two leave the MAC if invited together??

CUSA-west: Tulsa, SMU, La Tech, Houston, Rice, Tulane & USM

CUSA-east: Memphis, UAB, UCF, ECU, Marshall, Miami-Ohio & Toledo
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:32 am

I think i suggested something like that earlier, the important thing is that Memphis keeps their yearly rivalry with USM - so there would have to be 'permanent' cross over games.

I don't know how 14 teams works for scheduling in BBALL. In FB, you'd get 6 divisional, 1 cross over, one floating, 3 OOC games. That's not too bad, and makes the Champ game more of a champ game.

I dont think any MAC teams would leave unless 4-5 of them were de-certified for Div1A.

Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
Wonder if there is any chance CUSA will pull a "MAC" and decide on 14 members? With UTEP, La Tech, UNT to choose from in the west and Temple, Miami-Ohio and Toledo all being discussed in the east...what are the chances that 3 could be invited? Would the latter two leave the MAC if invited together??

CUSA-west: Tulsa, SMU, La Tech, Houston, Rice, Tulane & USM

CUSA-east: Memphis, UAB, UCF, ECU, Marshall, Miami-Ohio & Toledo

<small>[ 01-29-2004, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: GoRedGoBlue ]</small>
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby MeanGreenGem » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:07 am

Originally posted by Sam I Am:
UNT Lifer, I appreciate your sensible input about the prospects of different schools for membership in the C-USA. I don't think UNT has much chance of joining with us, but if you do get it that's OK with me. As I have already written, I favor La Tech because of time zone and geographical convenience. UTEP is too distant for us. I hope this gets settled soon. :roll:
Sam I Am, would you like to have a golden opportunity to put TCU and the Mountain West Conference in 3'rd place behind the Big 12 AND a "doubled-up" CUSA presence in Metroplex media coverage? That can be done "IF" CUSA has 2 members in this region. Really, it can...If you are not interested in being ahead in regional media coverage over the MWC Horned Frogs, oh well..... :laugh:

<small>[ 01-30-2004, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: MeanGreenGem ]</small>
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football