PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Club "Signing Day" Celebration

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Mustang Club "Signing Day" Celebration

Postby EastStang » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:56 am

Johnny, stop at Jack in the Box on the way and fill up with one of those nice greasy tacos and then you won't be tempted to order dinner. And tell your boss that you'll be in early the next day to make up the lost 1/2 hour to get to the party or better yet get to work early that morning so you can leave early. Just a thought.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Johnny Rock » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:07 am

You guys ride my [deleted] worse than my ex-girlfriend. I was trying to make a point that the event last year went well at the stadium so why change it.
Johnny Rock

Postby PK » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:27 am

Just giving you a hard time ole Johnny boy. I don't remeber the exact problem, but evidently the Stadium Club was not available that night...I know...you would think that wouldn't happen, but like I said, I don't remember the exact problem, so it may have been unavoidable. The Stadium Club is really convenient for me, but a lot of SMU supporters work and or live farther north, so maybe it is good to give them a closer venue sometimes. So just get your butt up there and enjoy the celebration.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:35 am

..wait a minute, Dooby. You [deleted] about people [deleted], then you [deleted] about last years event..funny stuff. An event like this needs to take place at the stadium club, OR at a nice, comfortable, upscale "watering hole" near campus....while The Mercury is a "nice" place, and the owners are Ponies, it is NOT the right venue for this stuff...SMU marketing types really DON'T get it, we wonder why our "fan base" is limited??? "pass me some more Cuban glazed crab cakes with caviar, and refill my "cosmo", they are about to show highlights of our new punter.."
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Postby Dooby » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:44 am

I didn't mean to be [deleted] about anything. I don't care if they serve alcohol at all. I just seem to recall there being a problem, that is all.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Eddie P » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:54 pm

We got another punter??

I don't like crab cakes.

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:11 pm

Awe shucks, Eddie P.... All they got are crab cakes and punters... On the bright side you'll get to play name the food product stuck in Bennett's stache after dinner. I got $50 on Ahi Tuna.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby Eddie P » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:22 pm

I have a friend who was very good punter at SMU. But I still do not like crab cakes and do not plan on eating any in the near future. But I plan on attending this fun event.

Postby Arkpony » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:13 pm

Punting crab cakes???
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PlanoStang » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:23 pm

Actually, last year's class might've deserved the Mercury if its as nice as its sounds. Never heard of it, never been there.

Just 1 state top 100, and he's not signed yet. Maybe we should have it at Moody, with the food from the concourse. I guess the Mercury's alcohol is the "cryin in your beer type".
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:41 pm

its really not pretentious-its in the middle of the Preston Forrest shopping center for God Sakes, but the food has been just about universally acclaimed as outstanding. SMU alumnus Chis Ward along with his investors the M Group have opened up about 4-5 restaurants(The Mercury, the Mercury Grille, Citizen and a Chophouse in Ft Worth) in DFW over the last 6 years or so and I think all have made the Top 100 in Dallas. He is the rising star in the restaurant industry in Dallas and its good to see he wants to help his alma mater. I've been to all and they are great restaurants.

<small>[ 01-27-2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Stallion ]</small>
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DiamondM » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:57 am

I'll be going regardless, but I don't think it will comfort many to hear Stallion say something is not pretentious.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Dooby » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:17 am

Originally posted by Stallion:
its really not pretentious-its in the middle of the Preston Forrest shopping center for God Sakes, but the food has been just about universally acclaimed as outstanding. SMU alumnus Chis Ward along with his investors the M Group have opened up about 4-5 restaurants(The Mercury, the Mercury Grille, Citizen and a Chophouse in Ft Worth) in DFW over the last 6 years or so and I think all have made the Top 100 in Dallas. He is the rising star in the restaurant industry in Dallas and its good to see he wants to help his alma mater. I've been to all and they are great restaurants.
Don't forget the 10 or so Mi Cocina's and Taco Diners.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football