PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Integrity matters

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Integrity matters

Postby EastStang » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:53 pm

They also have arguably the best tailgating in America. I never saw so many grills with so much sausage cooking in my life or so many keg taps coming out of RV's when we played them up there. Yes, that is what is really good about college football.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OldPony » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:45 pm

Gag
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Cheesesteak » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:39 pm

OldPony,

Did you gag on the thought of great tailgating? :unsure:
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:11 pm

Originally posted by EastStang:
They also have arguably the best tailgating in America. I never saw so many grills with so much sausage cooking in my life or so many keg taps coming out of RV's when we played them up there. Yes, that is what is really good about college football.
U HAWAII does.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:29 am

No Cheesecake. I gag at the BS about what a great man and clean program JoePa runs. While i believe it is better than most, he runs off guys if at all possible when he makes a recruiting mistake. Things that have not been tolerated at SMU. He also has some animals who wouldn't qualify at SMU on his campus. It is much easier to control press and events and other things in a small town. Even though the national press continues to kiss up to Paterno, PSU operating as it now does will never be a great success again. They built their reputation beating up weak schools for years and could afford to run a better than average type of program. They really only had to get up for a game or two per year and were able to get a lot of players PT. Since joining a good conference, they have steadily declined. Look for them to remain in the bottom half of the Big 10- JoePa or no JoePa unless they decide to go all the way recruiting etc as the national powers.
OldPony
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football