PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question: Do you think Copeland and Turner could sell...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question: Do you think Copeland and Turner could sell...

Postby Stampede » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:37 pm

the SMU allumni, fans, trustees and supporters on going to the Mountain Less conference?

I do not think they would be at all successful, and am personally, very happy they do not have that task. The TCU fan board is running a poll and their poll tabulation results show a very evenly divided camp and, as the professional pollsters like to say, "within the margin of error."

We can thank our lucky stars we are out of haveing to travel two time zones, one time zone and 600 miles to our closest game, hopes of having a strong, unified league and getting home at 4:00 A.M. from games. Good riddance and I hope we don't play in football.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Re: Question: Do you think Copeland and Turner could sell...

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:47 pm

There's some major downside to that affiliation. And if SMU was invited, I'd say HELL NO.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Re: Question: Do you think Copeland and Turner could sell...

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:04 pm

Been there, done that. No thanks.

Don't know if C-USA is the answer, but MWC isn't-for us. As for TCU, we'll see. I really think their ego is getting in the way of making a good decision.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Return to Football