PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Now Official

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU Now Official

Postby gostangs » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:25 pm

I would say if you looked at the two conferences side by side, it is hard to say MWC is not a little stronger today- I just don't think they are going to get the TV $$ they expect, and they for sure will no get a BCS shot out of this - but only time will tell. 2-3 loses coupled with no visiting fans and increased travel cost - looks grim to me. SMU needs to view this as good news - this is our chance to out recruit them - and come back into the fold of good teams - We have to do it NOW.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:25 pm

I would say if you looked at the two conferences side by side, it is hard to say MWC is not a little stronger today- I just don't think they are going to get the TV $$ they expect, and they for sure will no get a BCS shot out of this - but only time will tell. 2-3 loses coupled with no visiting fans and increased travel cost - looks grim to me. SMU needs to view this as good news - this is our chance to out recruit them - and come back into the fold of good teams - We have to do it NOW.
gostangs

Postby onn4 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:55 pm

Originally posted by gostangs:
Allright already, quit yellin at me! :)
\"Whether you think you can or can't, you are usually right.\" - Henry Ford
onn4

Postby Water Pony » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:00 pm

Article from Denver Post suggests TCU's entry into MWC is raising new questions and scheduling issues. I am afraid their ego's will hinder all other TCU sports beyond football. The non-revenue sports student-athletes will pay a bigger penalty with the demands of travel as well as for their parents, who want to watch them play.

As I have said before, two parties will regret the move, TCU and the other MWC schools. Having said all this, their decision finally clears the air.

Let's (1)accelerate our recovery and (2) help make CUSA the best non-BCS conference in college athletics. Go Mustangs, Go CUSA!

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~76~1928088,00.html

:thumbupcool:

<small>[ 02-01-2004, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Water Pony ]</small>
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:17 am

I agree. I do think they'll probably cancel our series if we get better. Their justification will be that they only have 3 non-conference dates now that they've joined the MWC.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby geno » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:56 am

You've got it right, Eastang. TCU is so afraid of us that they are probably not going to schedule us at all. The SMU power in football is getting around, so that we will probably have trouble scheduling anyone who wants to make BCS ratings...they wouldn't want to be clobbered by us Mustangs. Just like TCU to be scared stiff of us.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby gostangs » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:46 am

Glad to see you have finally come around guido - we can sense your sincerity - welcome to the mighty pony nation.
gostangs

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:54 pm

I'm glad you took that big leap Geno turning my "if" into "when". Now throw away the Frog suit and your purple toad doll and you'll be all set.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:04 pm

1994 7-5 (Indy Bowl loss)
1995 6-5
1996 4-7
1997 1-10
1998 7-5 (Bowl Win)
1999 8-4 (Bowl Win)
2000 10-2 (Bowl Loss)
2001 6-6 (Bowl Loss)
2002 10-2 (Bowl Win)
2003 11-2 (Bowl Loss)
Only 2 losing seasons in the last 10 years. Not as bad as you make it look in "the late 90s".

Originally posted by onn4:
TCU got too big for their britches . . . come back down to earth froggies. Nationally recognized program? OK, I guess so. 10-2 is pretty good, but before that it was 6-6, and it was in the late 90's they were 6-5, 4-7 and 1-10.

"Man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football