PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tate Wallis

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tate Wallis

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:07 pm

WALLIS!! YOU BETTER LISTEN MAN! DON'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE!! GO PLAY QB FOR YOUR NEW TEAM! IF YOU CHANGE IT WILL TROMENT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. AND THATS'S WORSE THAN NOT HAVING A DEGREE FROM SMU OR ANYWHERE ELSE. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT. TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE END.
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby Corby » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:07 pm

Tate, if you read this, please do NOT heed the advice of Relative-Stang.

Life is not about always jumping ship and finding an easier path to chase pipe dreams. Make sacrifices, finish what you started, and walk away from SMU for what it is worth.

I promise, you will not suffer sleep deprivation and be haunted by torment by realizing your football career will end one day. And there is life after football, whether it be at SMU, Ennis, Mesquite, or McNeese.

And let's not compare Tate and Josh as actual NFL prospects. Josh left because he had the raw ability to get there and knew it wouldn't take place at that certain point in time. I am Tate's biggest fan, but he is not NFL material. He does have many other qualities to be highly successful in other fields, and I hope he realizes finishing at SMU will help him in ways he may not know yet, but help him nonetheless.
Corby
Recruit

Postby gostangs » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:36 pm

O.K. - lets this all the way to the end - say he goes to McNeese and is a star, then in two years he is an ex-McNeese QB. That and 50 cents gets you a donut. He finishes what he started here at SMU, either as the 6th string QB or a shot at real playing time at TE, FB or LB, and when his playing days are over he can graduate, earn a nice living for himself with a career courtesy of the red and blue, and also he might actually be able to spell TORMENT.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:30 pm

Originally posted by RELATIVE-STANG:
WALLIS!! YOU BETTER LISTEN MAN! DON'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE!! GO PLAY QB FOR YOUR NEW TEAM! IF YOU CHANGE IT WILL TROMENT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. AND THATS'S WORSE THAN NOT HAVING A DEGREE FROM SMU OR ANYWHERE ELSE. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT. TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE END.
Yes, Tate listen to this man. You don't want to TORMENT yourself. But the question I have is this...What would TORMENT you more? A chance at not playing QB or not having a quality education and getting prepared for your future? You may not have NFL skills now and you probably won't have them even after you go to McNeese but at least here, you can be the Quarterback of your own future by getting yourself prepared for the game that you will be Quarterback of for a long time, the game called life. We all can't get what we want and sometimes, to get to where you want in life, sacrifices have to be made. The sacrifice of an SMU education and the connections it could bring isn't worth going out to McNeese and chucking a pigskin for a couple of years. So yes, take it all the way. Take the ball of opportunity that is your SMU Education and take it all the way home, Tate. Don't let the torment that keeps you up at night be that you gave up a good education.

<small>[ 02-07-2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex ]</small>
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:27 pm

Man it's fun irritating you book worms. How do yall spell, suckedthatoneup. :shifty:
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby fbdad » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:21 am

I think we've now been exposed to the entire Relativestang family and its time for them to say good bye. Their collective posts have been on a downhill slide. If "bookworm" relates to intelligence, I guess they are in the minority.This post is not about their son, but Tate Wallis who played his best and gave his all. I second the thought that he should stay at SMU and get a quality education. McNeese is a quality jock school. He may not even start there.
fbdad
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:31 am

Thank you, fbdad, for saying what a lot of us were thinking. Aii I know is that Tate is still on the roster and I assume will participate in Spring practice. He may not be our best QB, but he's a competitor and I wouldn't be surprised to see him help this team turn things around as a pass catching TE.

I don't know anything about Wallis, but if he has the character I see people talking about, I assume he's already taken advantage of that RS year in working towards a degee that will help him long after his football days are over. This is when you find out where a guy's priorities are and what kind of team player he might be.

It's easy to admire the starters. It's the backups who play very little and the scout teamers who allow the team to get quality practice in that you really have to admire.
Charleston Pony

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:53 pm

Is my statement that a player should follow his football gut so bad that I should be removed from this board. hmm! Is censorship the the only answer some of you have for responding to opinions you do not approve of. Lets go back and see how all caring a couple of you guys where with reguard to Tate while he was playing. Do you people really think coach B. can justify a full scholarship to a player he might put at sixth string as a QB. And if he changes position, How does that affect the recruits at those position he would be moved down to. What about some of the walk on players who play hard enough to earn a ship at another position that Tate would not be good at, say OL,but can't get one because it is reserved because some of you believe that transfering is evil and the brand of a traitor or uneducated or doomed to serf'dom status. This is all part of the roster food chain. To many predators in the food chain depletes the supply. Some of the predators then have to move on. All book worms! be sure and read this carfully for ant misstakes and I will rewrite the whole post one hundred times. HOWDOYOULIKEMENOW :shifty:
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby gostangs » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:39 pm

Transferring is not the mark of a traitor - I think Josh clearly made the right decision for his situation, for example. But transferring to a weak school, in order to chase a pipe dream that never had any merit to begin with, is not wise. Trying to influence a young man who may not have the maturity to realize their own limitations relative to others at their position does them no favors. For players like Mark Hodges and Tate an SMU degree is the most valuable thing they can achieve, long term. For them, transferring is not wise, although as SMU fans we could make the case it would actually help the team. Most of us are sincerely offering advice to guys who seem to have offered their best, and we want the best for them out of loyalty. Nobody likes to get their bubble burst. If you had more maturity you would direct your "relative" toward the long term best result for him, not the short term dream.
gostangs

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:16 pm

My! goshstang. You're doing a whole lot of assuming out there man. You assume that these two young men have no merit as Quarterback. You assume that there aspirations are just pipe dreams. You assume that they can't compete at another school. You assume that the accreditations for these other colleges are worthless. You assume that the people(contacts)they may meet at these other schools are of no value. You assume that these two young men's families couldn't possibly afford to provide them with a college education(SMU) degree. You assume that they have no future if they move on. Dude one sign of immaturity is presumptuousness. And what you are mistaking for my immaturity is simply humor design to ferret out the opposing posters psyche. I don't care if you disagree me but be carefull coming on as a know it all. I love ya man. :shifty: :shifty:
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby ponyguts » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:09 pm

I dont know what roster yall are talking about because Tate is not on the team anymore. Maybe it has not been updated yet but Tate is for sure not going to play football as SMU ever again. He will finish out the semester then transfer. Right now he isnt participating in work outs and has no affiliation with the football program.
ponyguts

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:56 pm

He always played hard, and for that, I wish him well, wherever he ends up.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:58 pm

To the last few posters. The NFL loves BIG TIME the FREE farm system it has with the ncaa. Now with a recent court ruling it may make ncaa football like ncaa bball, and you can go pro at anytime in your so called AMATEUR career.

If you're not a great college football player, and football is your LIFE, then transfer somewhere you have a better chance of starting.

Your "FOOTBALL family, and groupies" will support you. Some of them like the Mesquite QB's family whose name already escapes my memory may be even DEMANDING it.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:46 pm

Yes, I Dam shore! Do de-mand it and all you people who have relatives on this team better! Dam Sure demand It! and stick bye em. Cause posters who don't have relatives on this team realy don't Know what it's like. "Oh dam" I just dropped my beer! sh****t*** See man That's what happens when you [deleted] me off. Now who's going to clean this mess up. Oh well it's not so bad, It's been verified that I am right so lets all stand up and say "Here, Here" for those who follow there dreams. and wish them Happy Hunting.
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby Tshoot » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:15 pm

Seems to me that if the guy wants to transfer to get some reps more power to him but Why didn't he transfer mid term so he can be there for spring ball? :hmm:
Badda Boom
Tshoot

PreviousNext

Return to Football