PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Where's Mustang talk?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Where's Mustang talk?

Postby geno » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:48 pm

Interesting that the two liveliest topics on this board are about High School football, Realignment for TX, and the NFL, Josh McKown. Has it gotten so bad that the topic of SMU football is just best avoided?
geno
Junior Varsity

Re: Where's Mustang talk?

Postby Dooby » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:56 pm

Originally posted by geno:
Interesting that the two liveliest topics on this board are about High School football, Realignment for TX, and the NFL, Josh McKown. Has it gotten so bad that the topic of SMU football is just best avoided?
Interesting that you don't have anything fuquing better to do than come over to an SMU board. I thought you'd all be at Ol' South Pancake House doing shots of Maple Syrup.

I think it is funny that the most active thread at killerfrogs.com as of 5:56 PM is a thread about the Houston Cougars.

The froggies are over here. The froggies over there are talking about Houston. From what I can tell, you miss C-USA already.

<small>[ 02-05-2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Dooby ]</small>
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:00 pm

Isn't there a Wyoming or New Mexico board you can go talk smack on.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby PK » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:10 pm

Funny you should ask Geno...I was just about ready to post a topic about how the froggie faithful almost dumped in their shorts at Ford Stadium as it looked like crappy ole SMU was going to beat your top 25 horny toads. You guys really showed your power house offense that day. Yeah...right. Go home and figure out how much fun you're going to have in Laramie, Wyoming.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby geno » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:50 am

You're right, PK. Teams have a way of playing down to the level of their opponent, but I frankly never dreamed that the Frogs could play down THAT low! It did make it an interesting game though, don't you think?
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:35 am

That game salvaged a little of the season for me. I have a number of froggie friends (in fact I'm married to one) and always enjoy our games when we keep it close. When we start beating you again it will be very satisfying indeed.

I'm probably more disappointed than most about TCU's move to the MWC. I was looking forward to our two schools being back in the same conference so we would still play each other every year, but at the same time allow both of us to get some other OOC opponents. Time will tell whether TCU's move was a good one or not. Personally, I think your recent successes went to your heads and muddied your decision making.

Peace.

<small>[ 02-06-2004, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: PK ]</small>
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Water Pony » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:32 pm

I think it is sad that TCU will struggle rationalizing this move and, importantly, benefiting from it. The price they pay will be much more than money. The burden placed on their student athletes, especially BB and non revenue, with the hope that revenue will be greater (we know expenses will be greater) will great.

My sense is their motive was too simply distance themselves from us. Too sad! Their conclusion was reached at a moment in time in 2003-4 when they reached their apex and we bottomed out and this position will not be sustainable by them or reasonable for us. Here come the Mustangs!

I agree with everyone on the Board, who now say farewell to the Frogs, support the steps we are taking to accelerate our return to prominence and promote the the welfare of CUSA and non-BCS football.

Go, U, SMU!
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby abezontar » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:05 pm

As everyone keeps talking about how tcu si going to drastically drop off with the move to the mwc, I have generally been in agreement. Then I had a thought, How does the new mwc compare with the old wac? Didn't tcu almost go undefeated one year right before they went to cusa? I'm hoping that they are unsucessful, but maybe they aren't going to be as bad off as we think.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football