PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Resurfacing...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Resurfacing...

Postby Rodeo DC » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:24 pm

Folks,

I've made communication with the one they call Sharp. He has assured me that the coast is clear and that I can reappear after two years in the federal witness protection program.

I currently live in government housing near near an old fishing hole on the banks of the Potomac River.

It's 400 square feet, but more than enough for my 5 kids and 1 wife. My ho's come and go, but the wife is sure and steadfast.

It's good to be back. Change is good. Unfortunately, things on the Hilltop are as bad as ever athletically. The football team sucks and the hoops team is about as a impotent as a drunk eunuch.

But alas, Sharp tells me good times are acoming. I figure I'll stick around and see if what he says is true.

In the meantime, keep sending your tax dollars here to Washington. Alcoholics like me need that money. Got to raise my kids somehow.
Son of the Derelict,<br />Father of the Masses,<br />Friend of the Devil,<br /><br />Rodeo
Rodeo DC

Re: Resurfacing...

Postby PK » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:29 pm

Your friends from MM.com (r.i.p.) will be glad to "see" you. Hope that clown from Baylor doesn't hear of your return.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:46 pm

RODEO...what a pleasant surprise..I was thinking about you the other day while trying to remember your handle and some of the other posters from the "good old days". Not much has changed around here, just the usual sunshine, back biting, [deleted] and moaning about EVERYTHING!! Most days we can be found rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic or talking about JUCO's and Kinesology majors.....long live Bball!! :thumbupcool:
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Postby PK » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:15 pm

BTW RODEO, HighfalutinHorse is actually MemphisMustang. He is going through some sort of an identity crisis and is trying out different names as he tries to figure out who he really is. On really slow days you may catch him trading post with himself using different monikers, but he is basically the same guy anyway. :wacko:

<small>[ 02-06-2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: PK ]</small>
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:01 pm

..not sure why you and Mr. "I never changed my bedsheets freshman year" Stallion make that claim. I remember MM from the old board, funny stuff. I am just a frustrated fan living here in beautiful Birmingham, AL...looking forward to seeing the Ponies more....long live MemphisMustang. :hmm:
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:02 pm

..not sure why you and Mr. "I never changed my bedsheets freshman year" Stallion make that claim. I remember MM from the old board, funny stuff. I am just a frustrated fan living here in beautiful Birmingham, AL...looking forward to seeing the Ponies more....long live MemphisMustang. :hmm:
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Postby Stampede » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:30 am

Great to see you back on board, Rodeo.

I, too, got a kick out of your life while in Dallas. I donot think the "horny toads" will appreciate you as much as us Mustangs!

don't be a stranger and keep posting!
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby Rodeo DC » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:23 pm

Where is [deleted]? Is he still over at People Newspapers?

Tell him winters in DC suck.
Son of the Derelict,<br />Father of the Masses,<br />Friend of the Devil,<br /><br />Rodeo
Rodeo DC

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:00 pm

Welcome to DC Rodeo. Winters aren't always bad, here, just every other year or so. You got here for a bad one. The Good News - bars stay open late in DC. Women are looser (especially the ones from NY) which means that you can stay warm on those cold DC winter nights. They close down the city for even a burp of snow. There are plusses.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby ponynut » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:11 pm

I don't post on this board much any more, but it is good to have you back.
ponynut
Varsity

Postby PK » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:27 am

Originally posted by HighfalutinHorse:
It doesn't really matter if you are or are not the ole venerated MemphisMustang, but I will tell you why I know you are indeed MemphisMustang. Had you made the personal message option available I would have answered you that way and not have to bore everyone else. First of all, MM went to all the trouble to delete all his posts except one and left his name registered so no one else could use it. Then HixsontoLeVias came on the scene and then HighfalutinHorse, both of which don't just have a similar writing style to MM, but have the exact same writing style. No one but MM has ever used the Add-ran U. name for TCU. Next, in one of MM's less guarded moments, he mentioned that he had just recently moved to...Birmingham. Now isn't THAT interesting? I can understand, having moved out of the Memphis area wanting to change your handle, but unless you are in the witness protection program there is no reason to deny your "heritage".

Long live MemphisMustang aka HixsontoLeVias aka HighfalutinHorse. :smart:

<small>[ 02-10-2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: PK ]</small>
PK

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:56 pm

Woodward and Bernstein ain't got NOTHIN' on PK! Great investigative skills, my friend! I am impressed!
MrMustang1965

Postby HighfalutinHorse » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:31 am

...just got back from D.C....PK, get a life! You sure make some intersting assumptions. Not sure what the obsession is with me or memphis Mustang, but, I can assure you, I'm not MM. :sleeping:
HighfalutinHorse
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:25 am

he-or all three of them-is/are definitely suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder Syndrome-probably institutionalized as we speak. Had CARTOON NETWORK privileges taken away after sporadically muttering conspiratorial jibba-jabber in CAPITAL LETTERS about how his/their pet gelding named SHERWOOD was stolen by SMU greats named PINKY, PUTT and OLLIE.

<small>[ 02-14-2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Stallion ]</small>
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PK » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:27 am

HighfalutinHorse wrote:...just got back from D.C....PK, get a life! You sure make some intersting assumptions. Not sure what the obsession is with me or memphis Mustang, but, I can assure you, I'm not MM. :sleeping:

Like I said, it really doesn't matter. I always enjoyed MM's post and giving him a little grief from time to time. Of course you are not (now?) MM...evidently no one is anymore. The character "MemphisMustang" (r.i.p.) no longer exists...Long live the memory of MemphisMustang.

Peace Brother.
PK

Return to Football