PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

O Line 2006

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

O Line 2006

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:49 pm

LT - DJ (Sr)
LG - Boren (Jr)
C - Turner (Sr)
RG - Peveto (Jr)
RT - C Hall (RS - Fr)
TE - V Chase

That might actually be a pretty darn good line.

It will take a little while, but we all need to have some patience. We will get better this year, but it is going to take some time and experience (and continued stong recruiting efforts by Coach Bennett) before we can talk about having a really good football team.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: O Line 2006

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:11 pm

Now why would leave Ryan K. outa this. Are you h*****igh. OK, where's Ryans crew. Ya'll come on let's line up now. Ya'll wanta Here a little chant From me now! BEEVILLESTANG-----BEEVILLESTANG-----BEEVILLESTANG----SM---U-KNOW
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby Dark Horse » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:18 pm

Whatever.

In response to JasonB's coherent post, I think that sounds like a pretty solid line, with the exception of center. I like Turner quite a bit, but I want to see him get to the 292 at which he's listed, rather than the 260-265 which he really is. His technique and footwork might be the best of any of those players, but in my opinion, he's a bit light, at least for now.

And with credit to relativestang, how about making Peveto the starting center and shoving Kennedy inside to one of the guard positions? He's huge, and getting bigger, and he has the footwork to play on the interior line. From what I hear, he's getting bigger and stronger every day, and I think he'd make a dynamite guard.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:00 pm

That would be a demotion my friend and would it would result in++++quitely now*****TRANSFER. :shifty:
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:43 pm

Originally posted by JasonB:
It will take a little while
Thats the main thing! We're gonna have to have a "little while" to produce anything at the moment
Mustangs35SMU

Postby CoxSMU » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:57 pm

Originally posted by RELATIVE-STANG:
Now why would leave Ryan K. outa this. Are you h*****igh. OK, where's Ryans crew. Ya'll come on let's line up now. Ya'll wanta Here a little chant From me now! BEEVILLESTANG-----BEEVILLESTANG-----BEEVILLESTANG----SM---U-KNOW
Is that English?
Geaux Ponies and Geaux LSU!
CoxSMU
Junior Varsity

Postby JasonB » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:57 am

Kennedy can catch. I want him lining up for our goalline situations. Besides, in 2006, he will have graduated correct? And Turner should be plenty big enough by that point.
JasonB

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:37 am

Relative-Stang,

First off, why do you consider every position move to be a demotion? Moving from starting tackle to starting guard or to starting anything else isn't a demotion.

Let's take a hypothetical situation... Say for instance you had a really good athlete, who (because maybe he was the best athlete on a high school team) played QB. At the college level, because of his athletic gifts, he could either be a mediocre (and therefore not starting) QB or a starting... oh, I don't know... let's make him a starting WR. Anyway, bench warmin/scout team at one position, to earning game time at another position IS A PROMOTION!!

To everyone else on the board,

In '06 don't count out Kennard Burly at OT. He's going to be a real good 'un. And as great as Chis Hall is, he's going to have one heck of a time beating out Burly as a junior or Darrin Johnson as a senior.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby McAndless » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:53 am

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but we just jumped into 2004. Football at SMU hasn't exactly been able to look a week in advance, let alone a couple years. All of the guys listed may be great prospects, but until proven, you may be slightly ahead of yourself. Besides, injuries, transfers, etc occur, so I'll save my 2009 starting lineups until then.

And Relative-Stang, the mustang you knew has transferred. While we all wish him luck at his next destination, please stop the RIDICULOUS posts of demotions and beer drinking, because it really does seem trailer-parkesque, and definitely sheds the wrong light.
McAndless
Junior Varsity

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:05 pm

If there are players that are as hypersensitive and non-team oriented as relativestang then good-riddance. Every player this spring and next fall should expect the coaches to be analyzing what will make the team better and to possibly be moved.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:06 pm

HEY! WHO TURNED ON THE LIGHTS! what time is it. Oh man it's raining out here in park. Oh its you guys. Anybody got any asprin! heee,heee,Oh dam what did you ask me. Demotion, every move a demotion. You need to read better when I'am drin*** ,I mean posting. Well PP & ah! Mcandless ?, what is a Mc-and-Less anyway. I'am wondering about yalls experience with football. are you two coaches maybe. No, couldn't be that. otherwise you wouldn't be asking me that question. with respect to the skilled positions, but tackle to guard could be a promotion. because guards are faster and get to pull out with lead blocks and such. When dealing with the interior line, player move probably doesn't irritate a guy to much. not enough to make him leave. you know! o-linemen are dumb. OK-OK-OK man just kiddin. Please. you guys are so up tight. Now as for the hypo, (cause I can't spell hypothetical)oh you did it for me, thanks. Ah! name for me please one HS head coach that starts the season out by just lining up the players and sayin, TAG your it. Like Troy says! GET REAL. I gotta lot of guys on this team that are RELATIVE-FRIENDS, you see. and I'am gonna be shoutin out for em. Plus, I have been envited to stay on because "once a stang always a stang" RIGHT. aTS WHAT i THOUGH. Hey!, turn the lights off on your way out man.
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby Sewanee Stang » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:48 pm

what?
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby Casey » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:03 pm

Now we're quoting the wisdom of Troy Aikman? From a commercial?
Get some help. Soon.
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:11 pm

I played TE (maybe that's why I'm being overly sensitive :hmm: ). And even though our QB was certainly a team leader, I never thought of him as my "boss", I never thought he had some sort of higher rank than I had, or that he made more of a contribution to the offense. In fact, I think I could safely say that I was a better player than the QB, so I got more recognition at my position than he did at his.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Mike Damone » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:29 pm

Seriously what do you think the over/under on spelling errors for RELATIVE-STANG is in an average post. 20? 25? Hey, I do it al the time too, but not to the point you can't even read my posts.

Also, please lose the CAPS LOCK thing you like to do. Also, the ****** in words. You don't always need it. I mean, if you're trying to say f*ck, thats one thing, but "high" does not need to be h*********igh. Last time I checked, the moderators will allow that one.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Next

Return to Football