PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cuse Fan Here: We Want You in the Big East

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cuse Fan Here: We Want You in the Big East

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Are we talking BE, Ribs, UCF, or snow?

The Tony Roma's was just ok but we appreciate the hook up. The appetizer platter was tasty.
Cuse -- couldn't imagine living up there ever.
UCF -- big school, their fan base is good, they have a positive direction in fball and bball right now. Facilities are good.

Is there definitely an open spot for BE in fball and bball?
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Cuse Fan Here: We Want You in the Big East

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:Are we talking BE, Ribs, UCF, or snow?

The Tony Roma's was just ok but we appreciate the hook up. The appetizer platter was tasty.
Cuse -- couldn't imagine living up there ever.
UCF -- big school, their fan base is good, they have a positive direction in fball and bball right now. Facilities are good.

Is there definitely an open spot for BE in fball and bball?

Tony Roma's blew. Everything was bad except the service. I detailed all of the exceptions one by one . I assure you will never eat comp again.
One Trick Pony

Postby Undercover Frog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 am

Bad news guys, TCU doesn't want you in the Big East.

And it would be nice if you could win a conference championship before you start aspiring to AQ status.
Undercover Frog
Recruit

Postby NickSMU17 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 am

I still can't get over the loser quotient of TCU fans....

Anytime they hear people talk about them they run over like a little girl to hear the gossip and refute...

The world is cyclical and at some point the bottom will fall out, enjoy it while it lasts, but enjoy it at killerfrogs.com....we don't give a shti....
NickSMU17

Postby TexanMark » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 am

Undercover Frog wrote:Bad news guys, TCU doesn't want you in the Big East.

And it would be nice if you could win a conference championship before you start aspiring to AQ status.

You might not want them...I understand that. You don't want to put SMU on equal footing...but the Big East needs to do what is best for the league. Adding SMU has some real benefits.

Your annual game would get that much more intense in conference, TCU delivers FW but is very limited in Dallas...SMU can help there. Both schools together won't capture the market from the Bevo 10 but it can be a significant #2.

Some Big East nonrevenue sports can visit both schools on a long weekend. This can work well for certain sports : softball, baseball, volleyball, field hockey, soccer

Speaking of nonrevenue sports: field hockey, volleyball, lacrosse are all played at a pretty high level in the Big East. I know TCU doens't have all these sports...what nonrevenue sports does SMU offer?

Finally, the Chancellors make the decison...it isn't all about sports. They need to feel comfortable with the schools academically. SMU is in the Big East sweet spot and should have support as they have excellent academics.
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby TexanMark » Mon May 29, 2023 12:07 pm

Bump

Ha Ha...a blast from the past.

So much as changed in 12 years. I'm not sure how the B12/PAC10/ACC drama unfolds but SMU to the ACC is obviously a possibility if a few ACC teams figure out how to escape the GOR. I figure the B12 makes way more sense from a fan POV but it doesn't for the B12 bottomline.

Much drama to play out but SMU does have some real strenghths to add to a league like the ACC.
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby Vitale » Mon May 29, 2023 7:43 pm

Everyone keeps saying Pac-12, and that's my vote, but there are those out there who think the ACC remains a possibility.
Vitale
All-American

Postby TexanMark » Tue May 30, 2023 1:14 pm

Rumor is the ACC can add any team and get a minimum overall boost of $1M per school payout.

If the ACC goes big I like 4 pods of 5 or 6 teams. SMU would have to come in with 2 other TX teams I figure.
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby max the wonder dog » Tue May 30, 2023 4:15 pm

TexanMark wrote:Rumor is the ACC can add any team and get a minimum overall boost of $1M per school payout.

If the ACC goes big I like 4 pods of 5 or 6 teams. SMU would have to come in with 2 other TX teams I figure.

Nothing to gain by upgrading another TX school to P5 (unless Rice upgrades its program big time). If we need a travel partner take Tulane.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Wed May 31, 2023 11:05 am

max the wonder dog wrote:
TexanMark wrote:Rumor is the ACC can add any team and get a minimum overall boost of $1M per school payout.

Nothing to gain by upgrading another TX school to P5 (unless Rice upgrades its program big time). If we need a travel partner take Tulane.

The "travel partner" talk is irreverent to media transactions and infinitesimal to the bottom line.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby PK » Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
max the wonder dog wrote:

The "travel partner" talk is irreverent to media transactions and infinitesimal to the bottom line.

But is it relevant? 8)
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby FroggieFever » Wed May 31, 2023 1:37 pm

PK wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:The "travel partner" talk is irreverent to media transactions and infinitesimal to the bottom line.

But is it relevant? 8)

ha bravo :)
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby PK » Wed May 31, 2023 7:40 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
PK wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:The "travel partner" talk is irreverent to media transactions and infinitesimal to the bottom line.

But is it relevant? 8)

:D
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby mustangxc » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:21 am

FroggieFever wrote:
PK wrote:

But is it relevant? 8)

I don't think Bravo is broadcasting any of our games.
mustangxc

Postby Water Pony » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:39 am

ha bravo :)[/quote]
I don't think Bravo is broadcasting any of our games.[/quote]

I believe The Ocho is.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Previous

Return to Football