PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Salaries

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Salaries

Postby BamaMustang » Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:01 pm

Please forgive this long post for I have many things I wanted to share on my first one. The first thing I want to know is does anyone have a copy of the Kansas football game I would gladly pay for a copy and send a blank tape whatever it takes.If anyone can help me out on that please post or email to me. I have been coming to the site for sometime now reading and it is very nicely put together and informative! Also I would like to take just a moment to voice my displeasure with Fran moving to my adopted state I considered moving back home at first instead I have just enjoyed the many twists and turns of the tide as of late. Anyways I am just happy I finally found a site where there are MUSTANGS it feels good to be around fellow Mustangs again No Doubt!!!!
BamaMustang

Re: Salaries

Postby BamaMustang » Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:07 pm

Guess I got a little nervous on that first post I forgot to ask about whether the University announces athletic dept. Salaries? Like Football Coaches and such? Sorry about leaving that out. I wondered because I do not believe I have ever seen Coach Cavans' Salary in newsprint or mentioned in any other media. This could also be because I live in alabama now and dont get that much news til Football season comes around. By the way is the Stadium beautiful or what. I wanted to cry when I made it to my 1st game this year the Tulane game that place is gonna be magical once they get the kids in!!!
BamaMustang

Re: Salaries

Postby ponytalk » Wed Jan 31, 2001 11:40 pm

Nice to have a Fran hater in Bama on the board. I doubt they will get the DP but how funny would that be if his first big step up he did not even get to do anything. I would love that.

I do not know of anyone with a copy of the Kansas game. It was not on any TV except the SMU closed circuit one. Surely someone taped it. If you find one, let me know.

In answer to your other question, I have not seen any coaches salary in print. I have heard Cavan makes around 200,000 to 250,000, but that is complete hear say, I could be totally off the mark.

Nice to have you aboard!

------------------
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Football