PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New uniforms

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New uniforms

Postby PonyExpress » Wed Jun 07, 2000 1:46 pm

Any insight on what the new uniforms will look like?

And are there any plans to change up the look for the cheerleaders or the band? New looks all around?
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Re: New uniforms

Postby MustangMatt » Wed Jun 07, 2000 5:47 pm

I am not sure what they are going to look like, but at the Houston Party that Copeland came to, he said that they got a special color of blue that was very hard to get a hold of. This is good news, because I like the blue home jerseys!

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!

[This message has been edited by MustangMatt (edited 06-07-2000).]
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jun 28, 2000 2:13 pm

"Very hard to get ahold of"?

mustangmaniacs.com (we give credit where credit is due) is reporting that the new uniforms will be Navy blue and a "true" (???) red.

That's a shame, because I've always thought the royal blue was a great-looking uniform. Navy is a little more generic, in my opinion.

And what is "true" red?
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangMatt » Thu Jun 29, 2000 9:36 pm

Yes, hard to get a hold of. The people that were at the Houston Party that Copeland attended said that he said they are going back to an older style or color of blue that is hard to get a hold of. I don't know what exactly that means, but it sounds like the old Mustang Uni's might be back!

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby FWMustang » Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:55 pm

Actually, I beleive the old jerseys were Crimson and the pants were khaki, at least in the days of Doak Walker.

Can't go wrong anything that was associated with Doak Walker. I know that pant colr would be unlike any other in college football.

BUT, I am VERY happy with the new/old color selection.
Go RED! Go BLUE! Go MUSTANGS! S-M-U!!
FWMustang
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Jul 09, 2000 7:54 pm

Did the older helmets, the ones with the blue and red stripes, have the same pony logo as the current ones? If the helmets are changed, I hope the only difference is that the stripes are there, I hope there is no logo/coloration change in anything.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Football