PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Interview with Coach Kueck is up!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Interview with Coach Kueck is up!

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 13, 2000 5:33 pm

PonyFans.com recently sat down with Off. Coordinator, Larry Kueck. Here is what was said..... <A HREF="http://www.ponyfans.com/Journals/coachkueck.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ponyfans.com/Journals/coachkueck.htm</A>

[This message has been edited by PonyFanMan (edited 06-13-2000).]

Re: Interview with Coach Kueck is up!

Postby PonyExpress » Tue Jun 13, 2000 5:52 pm

Great interview! Coach Kueck sounds like he's getting the offense ready to roll, and he sounds really optimistic about the talent that's present and the future of the team.
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Postby D » Tue Jun 13, 2000 6:19 pm

Nice interview. I found it interesting that he threw Page out with regards to the QB position. Anybody know anymore about him? Did he get to play this spring? What about his juco numbers? Was he in a pretty competitive conference?
Has anybody been out to watch summer practice? How is the transition for Freeman coming along? How does everyone else look?
D
Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Tue Jun 13, 2000 6:45 pm

During the interview, Coach Kueck made it sound like David Page will have a real chance to earn significant playing time. He was clear in the fact that McCown is the starter at the moment, but he sounded really confident in Kelan Luker and said he's eager to work Page into the mix. Coach Kueck thinks Page is a legit QB.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby graypony » Tue Jun 13, 2000 11:02 pm

Great job, guys! I really enjoyed your feature with the Coach Kueck. I would love to see the same thing from the defensive coordinator later this summer. It's a slow time of year and that was great! Keep up the good work.

[This message has been edited by graypony (edited 06-13-2000).]
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 13, 2000 11:40 pm

We have several interviews coming, so please stay tuned. Glad you enjoyed it!

------------------
PonyFanMan
Co-Founder, Ponyfans.com
Cwilson@ponyfans.com
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 06-14-2000).]

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jun 14, 2000 4:52 pm

Bryan McDearman's high school coach, who played at Texas Tech (my condolences), e-mailed me to say how nice it was of Coach Kueck to offer such praise of Bryan. He then asked me if it makes the SMU community nervous that a Red Raider is "shaping the Mustangs of the future." I told him we'll credit him with Bryan's .... uh .... speed, but that the great hands, toughness and sharp route-running were skills he acquired after his arrival at SMU!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jettison » Wed Jun 14, 2000 6:32 pm

Hey D,

It looks like everyone that's posting these days are from places like Bangor, Maine; Bangkok, Thailand; and Cody, Wyoming. I doubt many of us have had the chance to catch a summer practice. My guess is that all we know must be from word of mouth, and of course the diligent reports and interviews from our ponyfans.com correspondents. (I like the interviews with coaches, because they are much more honest and knowledgeable it seems!)

Since you are in Dallas, maybe you could visit the practices and give us a report? Maybe answer some of your questions for us!

peace!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby D » Thu Jun 15, 2000 9:51 am

Sorry Mr. Jettison. I'd love to skip out to a practice, but I spend my weekdays in NY and weekends in Dallas these days.
Hopefully, things will change when August comes around and I'll be in Dallas more often and could help out.
We do have a wide variety of locations represented on this board. It would be interesting to have a listing by location of the members or a way to sort through the member list as it gets bigger. I would assume SMU00 would be the furthest away. Is he really in Bangkok? Maybe we can have an inaugural meeting of the Asian chapter of Pony Fans next time I'm out there.
D
Varsity

Postby jettison » Thu Jun 15, 2000 10:59 am

Yep, the member list is growing large...

[This message has been edited by jettison (edited 06-15-2000).]
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangMatt » Thu Jun 15, 2000 4:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by D:
<B>
We do have a wide variety of locations represented on this board. It would be interesting to have a listing by location of the members or a way to sort through the member list as it gets bigger. I would assume SMU00 would be the furthest away. Is he really in Bangkok? Maybe we can have an inaugural meeting of the Asian chapter of Pony Fans next time I'm out there. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This option already exists, on the table of contents (blue section on the left of the screen) the last link under message boards--member list. This displays all member information given, including location!

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU00 » Thu Jun 15, 2000 6:06 pm

Yes, I'm really in Bangkok —— got transferred here with the job. Love to meet fellow Mustang fans if any of you find your way over here. Fortunately, my job will bring me home frequently, so I plan to be in Ford on 9-2-2000, and for as many other games as possible.
SMU00
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangMan » Wed Jun 21, 2000 11:13 am

Terrific interview. Great to have a real source of insight and information about SMU athletics.

Keep up the great work, PonyFans.com.
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Postby Horseshoe » Mon Jul 10, 2000 6:05 pm

Really enjoyed the interviews with Coach Kueck and Coach Henderson. THanks for keeping us informed, and keep it up.

Got my PonyFans.com shirt - they look great. EVERYONE needs one for 9-2-2000.
Horseshoe
All-American

Postby SMUguy » Mon Jul 17, 2000 6:04 pm

Agreed. Coach Kueck sounds like he'll have the Mustangs up and running against Kansas 9/2/2000!

And Horseshoe is right - The PonyFans.com shirts look terrific. Order one and wear it to all games!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Next

Return to Football