PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Get Ready for Jersey Drama

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Get Ready for Jersey Drama

Postby abezontar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:45 am

gostangs wrote:If the players like Nike then I like Nike. Who cares what all you old farts like.

The guys begging the old farts for more money to keep the programs afloat care.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:13 am

AMEN!!

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smubrooks » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:38 am

Let's go with Under Armor so that the teams understands how important it is to "protect this house"
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby Oliver » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:21 am

Things I'd like to see in the future..

Bring back a blue jerseys at least once in a while

Remove Hawaiian helmet stickers, thats just not us, but I'm ok for now to let June does his Hawaiian thing

Reduce the intensity of the stripes on the helmet, but especially on the shoulder pads. 4 stripes is too many...less is always more with college football uni's just look at the best out there
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Oliver wrote:Things I'd like to see in the future..

Bring back a blue jerseys at least once in a while

Remove Hawaiian helmet stickers, thats just not us, but I'm ok for now to let June does his Hawaiian thing

Reduce the intensity of the stripes on the helmet, but especially on the shoulder pads. 4 stripes is too many...less is always more with college football uni's just look at the best out there

Good gawd man - why don't we just shop for uniforms at Levines?
Bergermeister

Postby Oliver » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Good gawd man - why don't we just shop for uniforms at Levines?
[/quote]

Haha I guess thats just the difference between you and I, We obviously both care about this program a lot, but the aesthetics of everything we do and small minutia are important to me as well, and happen to interest me, so I'm just offering my opinion as long as someone started a uniform thread.

I want our program to look and be top 25 in everything we do, and to me that applies to everything from our locker rooms, to our uniforms, to the stadium's appearance and fan experience, our practice facilities, our image in the media and the quality of our television broadcasts, I'm talking everything.

I believe my passion for everything about this team is what led me to the internship I have with Mr. Orsini right now, so I'm sorry if you took that as me being nit picky..
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby redpony » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm

[quote="Oliver] I believe my passion for everything about this team is what led me to the internship I have with Mr. Orsini right now, so I'm sorry if you took that as me being nit picky..[/quote]

Then please tell Orsini that 'we don't want no effing' nike unis. Thanks.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby Oliver » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Haha you know I agree, but I do also know Nike can produce a clean classic uniform as well, so if we do go Nike I would just hope we have them make us something traditional, simple, and clean looking. I will admit though from everything I've heard from our players, many of them do prefer Nike gear and accessories, but that ADIDAS has gotten better since they started giving us tech fit jerseys and more customizable shoe options.

Some players tape up Nike shoes to cover the logo because they don't like how ADIDAS shoes fit, so if its a player endorsed switch because of the performance and quality of equipment then I am behind it.
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby 2ndandlong » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 pm

I guarantee you player opinion had nothing to do with it but it's a nice thought.
"This is . . . dedication to distraction by fans. Is that what I'm going to go with Jay?"
"That poor kid has to be wondering what is dad doing."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknLDwj0dSo
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby Oliver » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Of course not, but I'd like to think that if tons of complaints really were coming from equipment that we would actively try to make some changes to make things better for the players. Not that that is enough to warrant something as drastic as changing the uniform sponsorship altogether
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby 2ndandlong » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Fair enough
"This is . . . dedication to distraction by fans. Is that what I'm going to go with Jay?"
"That poor kid has to be wondering what is dad doing."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknLDwj0dSo
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby Dutch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Oliver wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:Good gawd man - why don't we just shop for uniforms at Levines?

Haha I guess thats just the difference between you and I, We obviously both care about this program a lot, but the aesthetics of everything we do and small minutia are important to me as well, and happen to interest me, so I'm just offering my opinion as long as someone started a uniform thread.

I want our program to look and be top 25 in everything we do, and to me that applies to everything from our locker rooms, to our uniforms, to the stadium's appearance and fan experience, our practice facilities, our image in the media and the quality of our television broadcasts, I'm talking everything.

I believe my passion for everything about this team is what led me to the internship I have with Mr. Orsini right now, so I'm sorry if you took that as me being nit picky..[/quote]
Best I recall Oregon, the bane of the uniform czar was playing in the NC game last year. TCU won the rose bowl with tricked up unis as well.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:24 pm

I can't wait to see all the crazy ideas Nike comes up with for SMU. It will be funny to see every cry over our jerseys. We did have Nike about 7 years ago.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby Oliver » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Dutch, I do admit that many of today's athletes like these tricked out uniforms, and that they have in fact been a marketing tool for many teams that have enjoyed recent success like TCU and Oregon, schools can't sell themselves on tradition alone.

I happen to think that doing things like black, or alternate jerseys once in a while is a very cool idea and good marketing, but I hope Nike doesn't fool with our regular unis and gives us a traditional look if they happen to produce our jerseys in the near future.

My original response was just to those that say we shouldn't be talking about things as pointless as uniforms, because I happen to think uniforms are very important, they are part of the schools image on television, and think they are just as important to fan as the player. We do want people to go and buy these things, so I think the key is to produce something that pleases the older traditionalists and the younger generations.
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby WorldStang » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 pm

ImageLove the buffalo bills jersey/helmet combo. Looks very smu

Anybody care to throw a pic of the bills for show and tell? Not sure how exactly..
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football