PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Park Cities People

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Park Cities People

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:11 pm

What's happened to the SMU coverage in the PCP? It used to be damn good, much better than the DMN. But did anyone see last week's coverage of spring ball? Check out the link to last week's paper, and the EXTENSIVE coverage they offered. If I'm not mistaken, their office is across the street from SMU. Wouldn't it be possible for them to stop by a practice or something? Their coverage has gone way downhill over the last year or so. Anyone know the reason for the dropoff?

Link:
<A HREF="http://www.parkcitiespeople.com/pages/thisweek/sports.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.parkcitiespeople.com/pages/thisweek/sports.html</A>

New coverage goes up today or tomorrow - check this out. And you have to scroll down a lot to see this shameful coverage.

[This message has been edited by Pony4Life (edited 04-04-2001).]
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Re: Park Cities People

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:30 pm

i AGREE.....HOWEVER, the picture of the helmet would be a great picture for 'wallpaper'.....

how about that ponyfans - can it be done?

thanx in advance!

Postby PK » Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:31 pm

X/L. A. Mustang, go back to the article ... put your mouse cursor on the picture and right click. This should give you the option to save the picture as wallpaper. Hope it works for you.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ClassOf81 » Wed Apr 04, 2001 4:01 pm

You're right - the coverage in the PCP has been awful lately. They need to shake things up over there. (Although they're still a hell of a lot better than the Park Cities News, which just may be the worst paper in the country.)
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Dirty Bird » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:26 pm

PCP back in 1998 and 1999 used to have solid coverage. I think they changed sports editors, and the new guy just doesn't seem to give a rip.
Their basketball coverage sucked this year too. It had been pretty solid the last few years as well.
Shoot. It's not rocket science. I'm confident I could do a good job over there.

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 04-05-2001).]
Dirty Bird
Junior Varsity

Postby Houston Pony » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:28 pm

No Dirty Bird, you're a moron. You probably couldn't write over there.
But I do agree with your assessment that the PCP has slipped up in its coverage of SMU athletics. SMU should be at the top of the list, along with HP sports. The two go hand in hand, and I surmise that pure laziness contributes to the lackluster quality.

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 04-05-2001).]
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2001 11:26 pm

hey....thanx PK....it works!!!!

Return to Football