PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Pirate is funny

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Pirate is funny

Postby Panic Pete » Wed May 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Tech blew it getting rid of Leach.
I am worried about everything SMU
Panic Pete

Postby rodrod5 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Tech had no choice, but to get rid of him period end of discussion

anyone that lives in the real world understands this and anyone that lives in a world where a coach that averaged 8.4 wins per season with a very crappy OOC schedule is somehow a deity and above accountability needs to grow up

the people that think that Tech could have kept leach are only dumber than the people that think that Arkansas could have kept petrino

sure both schools could have kept those coaches, but they would be exposing their universities to massive amounts of liability and all involved in keeping either of those idiots would be liable and held accountable if and when another incident happened and the universities would be paying a very very high price
rodrod5
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu May 24, 2012 7:45 pm

....and Leach would have kept his job if he had bothered to act like a halfway intelligent, reasonable person-but he' didn't-he acted like the [deleted] he is. So he got fired and flushed millions down the toilet. Delicious.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Panic Pete » Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Stallion wrote:he got fired and flushed millions down the toilet. Delicious.

At Texas Tech Coach Leach was being paid at least $2.5 million per year, at Washington State before he's ever coached a down Leach is scheduled to make at least $2.2 million a year and is now already the 4th highest paid coach in the Pac-12. At over $2 million a year, I doubt the Pirate will be hurting and I bet Tech will be in the future. Besides missing Coach Leach on the football field, Texas Tech now has to contend with their head Coach Tommy Turberville being sued for a $1.7 million dollar fraud and lying to investors. Tech Coach Turberville's business partner was arrested earlier this month on 21 criminal counts, including unregistered sale of securities, fraud and theft. Tech made a big mistake.
I am worried about everything SMU
Panic Pete

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Stallion is such a word that starts with p and rhymes with wussy
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu May 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Also, Stallion's defamation claim is [deleted]. Did Jerry Falwell lose his virginity to his mom in an outhouse? Didn't the SCOTUS set the precedent there?
East Coast Mustang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I think Stallion is one of those [deleted] lawyers with billboards on 35
East Coast Mustang

Postby gostangs » Thu May 24, 2012 9:56 pm

east coast dude - you are looking a little obsessed - and it isn't a good look.
gostangs

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 pm

ADHD
East Coast Mustang

Postby Stallion » Fri May 25, 2012 3:25 am

I wish I was as Cool as all the Jackasses on this board that take every opportunity to defame one of the greatest Mustangs of all times especially when your comments read like a moron. The guy was SMU TV voice and then got a job which made it impossible to attend SMU games. Got it dumbasses. Hey that's fine the same Jackasses were the same people criticizing Eric Dickerson. Maybe a handful of posters stood up for Dickerson when he made even more critical comments about the ridiculously incompetent SMU athletic program. I was one-how about you? I'd trade every loser on this Board for one Eric Dickerson or one Craig James. Is there another school that allows losers like East Coast Mustang to defame their greatest players? That says a lot about SMU fans that apparently nobody cares enough to tell these [deleted] to [deleted] off.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Re: Re: The Pirate is funny

Postby RednBlue11 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:18 am

untitled wrote:Image

:lol:

Hahhahahahaha

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
"There ain't nothing you can't solve with one more beer"
RednBlue11
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Re: The Pirate is funny

Postby RednBlue11 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:21 am

Stallion wrote:I wish I was as Cool as all the Jackasses on this board that take every opportunity to defame one of the greatest Mustangs of all times especially when your comments read like a moron. The guy was SMU TV voice and then got a job which made it impossible to attend SMU games. Got it dumbasses. Hey that's fine the same Jackasses were the same people criticizing Eric Dickerson. Maybe a handful of posters stood up for Dickerson when he made even more critical comments about the ridiculously incompetent SMU athletic program. I was one-how about you? I'd trade every loser on this Board for one Eric Dickerson or one Craig James. Is there another school that allows losers like East Coast Mustang to defame their greatest players? That says a lot about SMU fans that apparently nobody cares enough to tell these [deleted] to [deleted] off.

He's been a [deleted] to so many of us, ill never respect him for his football legacy if he continues to be a jerk and do things like run for Senate when Mike leach has an axe to grind and half the state hates his guts...for someone who hired a PR firm to defame leach he sure hasnt been getting good advice for the last couple years.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
"There ain't nothing you can't solve with one more beer"
RednBlue11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri May 25, 2012 9:38 am

Not sure where I ever defamed Craig James, Stallion. I've met him a handful of times and he seems like a decent guy. Yeah I've ripped on his ill-conceived Senate run, and I think he handled the situation at Tech pretty poorly, but I certainly respect what he did in an SMU uniform.  Just because he's an SMU alum doesn't mean I can't have an adverse opinion about his political pursuits. Frankly, if the Tech situation wasn't such a mess, he might have had a chance at winning some office, although probably not the US Senate. 

Please update us on the defamation counterclaim you're working on for him based on how Mike Leach signed a book, though. 
East Coast Mustang

Postby papaw » Fri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Well,
The Ponies would be way ahead with Mike Leach as HC. This is another topic that needs to be revisited after the football season.
papaw
Recruit

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Panic Pete wrote:Coach Tommy Turberville being sued for a $1.7 million dollar fraud and lying to investors. Tech Coach Turberville's business partner was arrested earlier this month on 21 criminal counts, including unregistered sale of securities, fraud and theft.

Whoaaa when did this happen?
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football