PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dallas Viper Season Opener

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dallas Viper Season Opener

Postby DallasViper » Mon Apr 09, 2001 7:54 pm

The Dallas Viper will kickoff thier season on Sunday May 27th against the Oklahoma Rebels at H.E.B. Pennington field in Bedford, Tx. This will the first game since college for mustang alumnist Ausin Adami, Trey Bandy, Tyree Taylor, Tim Gardner, and Kelsey Adams. For ticket information please contact us at dallviper@hotmail.com.
DallasViper

Re: Dallas Viper Season Opener

Postby ponytalk » Mon Apr 09, 2001 10:43 pm

Are the Vipers an indoor team? That is great for all of those guys, I know some visit this board, so congrats.

Just out of curiousity, what is the season like? How many games etc?

I think some of the below people have other jobs, will they keep them or will they just do this?
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby DallasViper » Tue Apr 10, 2001 6:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ponytalk:
<B>Are the Vipers an indoor team? That is great for all of those guys, I know some visit this board, so congrats.

Just out of curiousity, what is the season like? How many games etc?

I think some of the below people have other jobs, will they keep them or will they just do this?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Dallas Viper are a 11-man outdoor football team who compete in the North American Football League. The Viper team will play a ten game regular season schedule plus postseason playoffs. The players are not paid but are scouted with the possibility of being signed to a professional contract by the cfl, afl, and afl2.
DallasViper

Postby PerunaPunch » Fri Apr 13, 2001 5:02 pm

Cool! Where can we get a schedule? They have a Web site?
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby DallasViper » Fri Apr 13, 2001 10:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PerunaPunch:
<B>Cool! Where can we get a schedule? They have a Web site?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Dallas Viper website is eteamz.com/dallasviper.
DallasViper

Postby ponystudent » Mon Apr 16, 2001 12:43 am

anyone know how long it would take to drive to Bedford to see this game. I would be leaving from SMU's campus. An estimated time would be nice.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Mon Apr 16, 2001 7:13 pm

I live in Bedford, and I know the way between here and the Hilltop "like the back of my hand." It will take you anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the traffic. Best route is to follow Northwest Highway going west from Hillcrest. At Harry Hines, take Spur 482 to Airport Freeway (Highway 183). Go west on Airport Freeway, through Irving and Euless, until you reach the Central exit in Bedford. It's a quick exit, just after the merge with Highway 121. Turn left on Central, heading south back under the overpass. Pennington Stadium is immediately on the right. "You can't miss it." The distance from the Hilltop is about 22 miles. There are several places to eat nearby. That stretch of Airport Freeway is our own little Restaurant Row. I can recommend Papadeaux's, Razoo's, and Harrigan's. Or just drop by the house Image
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby ponystudent » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DallasViper:
<B>The Dallas Viper will kickoff thier season on Sunday May 27th against the Oklahoma Rebels at H.E.B. Pennington field in Bedford, Tx. This will the first game since college for mustang alumnist Ausin Adami, Trey Bandy, Tyree Taylor, Tim Gardner, and Kelsey Adams. For ticket information please contact us at dallviper@hotmail.com.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't some of the guys listed about visit this site? If so, how is this going? Do you all like being back on the field?
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby D » Mon Jun 04, 2001 11:56 am

How have practices and scrimmages been going? Are you guys going to have a good team this year? When is the opener?
D
Varsity

Postby ponytalk » Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:21 pm

When is the next game? I am kind of interested to see a game.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby PK » Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ponytalk:
<B>When is the next game? I am kind of interested to see a game.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a post above that gives a web site address that should have the schedule.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 06-05-2001).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DallasViper » Wed Jun 06, 2001 5:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DallasViper:
<B>The Dallas Viper will kickoff thier season on Sunday May 27th against the Oklahoma Rebels at H.E.B. Pennington field in Bedford, Tx. This will the first game since college for mustang alumnist Ausin Adami, Trey Bandy, Tyree Taylor, Tim Gardner, and Kelsey Adams. For ticket information please contact us at dallviper@hotmail.com.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
DallasViper

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:49 pm

I read that they won. Congrats guys, but did any of the Olinemen play?

I read that Gardner, Adams, and Taylor played, but where were the big men?
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Football