PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU's Quarterback

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU's Quarterback

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Not to enhance a stereotype, but I in general dont trust people with tattoos.... like absurd amount kind especially.... hamilton, pachall just top of my mind, but just in general so many typically are nut cases and need serious help
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm

SMU_Alumni11 wrote:Not to enhance a stereotype, but I in general dont trust people with tattoos.... like absurd amount kind especially.... hamilton, pachall just top of my mind, but just in general so many typically are nut cases and need serious help

I don't trust clowns. Seriously. But off-topic.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:05 pm

solomouse wrote:A very fine program was started at tech,picked up by the horns and is now starting to work on the smu campus....a program designed to get the student into a bona fide rehab program,protect his academic efforts and move on....the program has been followed in and at a number of other univertities and hopefully,tcu will take a look at its role,the same as many employers,lawfirms,hospitals ....even the military... Yhis young man needs professional help as well as legal assistance..

After they beat us last Saturday, I wouldn't help them with anything. After all we have done for them and for them to come into our house a beat us, we won't provide them any help or advice. Not now, not ever.

Wait - - - - we're better than that. Never mind. :roll:
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 pm

peruna81 wrote:I am a pastor. That doesn't make me an expert on anything, just a victim of mostly absurd things. But it does afford me the chance to see folks/families/companies/athletes ( at times) deal with addictions.

IMO, there will be no change in this young man's life by others imposing 'programs' for him to attend as a form of mandatory or punitive transformation. It will be treated by the addict as what it is...a necessary hoop to jump through to chase the next high.

The tipping point is only known and valued by the addict himself (aka 'how far down must I fall?'). What those in positions of leadership and responsibility MUST do is begin to remove the tools and access to the secondary components of the addiction (football team, athletic system access, privilege, etc). Some argue that this will force a further downward spiral by removing the 'encouraging' parts of the system. I would argue that this brings a hastening of the aforementioned 'tipping point' of change.

What we can do, regrdless of our affiliation and allegiances to SMU or TCU, is pray that the change comes radically fast, and it will be by Pachall's own request

Great post. Thank you.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

peruna81 wrote:I am a pastor. That doesn't make me an expert on anything, just a victim of mostly absurd things. But it does afford me the chance to see folks/families/companies/athletes ( at times) deal with addictions.

IMO, there will be no change in this young man's life by others imposing 'programs' for him to attend as a form of mandatory or punitive transformation. It will be treated by the addict as what it is...a necessary hoop to jump through to chase the next high.

The tipping point is only known and valued by the addict himself (aka 'how far down must I fall?'). What those in positions of leadership and responsibility MUST do is begin to remove the tools and access to the secondary components of the addiction (football team, athletic system access, privilege, etc). Some argue that this will force a further downward spiral by removing the 'encouraging' parts of the system. I would argue that this brings a hastening of the aforementioned 'tipping point' of change.

What we can do, regrdless of our affiliation and allegiances to SMU or TCU, is pray that the change comes radically fast, and it will be by Pachall's own request

I agree. One of the best quote I have heard is from Gordon Livingston, MD, who says "The major advantage of illness is that it provides relief from responsibility."
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Nacho » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:11 pm

i pray that fatterson signs with arkansas before any more arrests are made.
Nacho

Postby White Helmet » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 pm

SMU_Alumni11 wrote:Not to enhance a stereotype, but I in general dont trust people with tattoos.... like absurd amount kind especially.... hamilton, pachall just top of my mind, but just in general so many typically are nut cases and need serious help

You're an idiot.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby lwjr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

It is being reported in the Star Telegram that Casey will be on the sidelines with the team but he is suspended from competition. This is according to Mac Engel's blog
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm

lwjr wrote:It is being reported in the Star Telegram that Casey will be on the sidelines with the team but he is suspended from competition. This is according to Mac Engel's blog

Patterson also said on reference to Pachall - "Is it one game, is it the rest of the season? I don't know what that answer is."
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Nacho » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
lwjr wrote:It is being reported in the Star Telegram that Casey will be on the sidelines with the team but he is suspended from competition. This is according to Mac Engel's blog

Patterson also said on reference to Pachall - "Is it one game, is it the rest of the season? I don't know what that answer is."

if they lose to iowa st, it is one game.
Nacho

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:feel bad for the kid....but why couldn't this have happened a week earlier?

We stopped their offense. That wasn't the problem. The problem was not scoring from the 1
CalallenStang

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 pm

CalallenStang wrote:We stopped their offense.

DUI Pachall did throw two touchdown passes, but yeah you're pretty much right.
We blew our chances to beat them back to back!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:We stopped their offense.

DUI Pachall did throw two touchdown passes, but yeah you're pretty much right.
We blew our chances to beat them back to back!

Yep. And if you remember right they had a short field on those occasions that he was able to score TDs.

Tom Mason's defense plays well against TCU and other non-hurry up teams (only against the hurry up do we struggle). The problem is the offense.

Also, wanted to add in that I hope that Pachall gets the help he obviously needs.
CalallenStang

Postby SMUer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

I hear aluminum foil messes with breathilizer readings...he may want to fight it
SMUer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:15 pm

CalallenStang wrote:Also, wanted to add in that I hope that Pachall gets the help he obviously needs.

True...but I'm afraid football is more important in our society.
I find it hard to believe Fatterson is bold enough to allow him on the sidelines the same week the kid gets a DUI....good gosh what message does that send.....but hey the Penn State fiasco convinced me....no matter what....the show is gonna go on!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football