PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Injuries

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Injuries

Postby ponystudent » Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:20 am

Did anyone notice how many players were in yellow jerseys?

Freeman, Briggs, Glockzin, Birdwell, Kincade, Davis, Beard, and a herd of others. Speaking of Beard, has that guy done anything productive since he has been here? He is a well built decent sized guy who is cocky, but I am yet to see him produce.

And on the subject of people that were not playing, Pratt is ineligible. How many times has he had grade problems? From what I hear he is not stupid, he is just lazy. You can see that on the field sometimes, also. Pratt needs to get off his lazy [deleted] and make his grades and start wrecking shop. He has so much potential. SMU is spending 120,000 dollars plus on this guy and he sits out more than anyone on the team. What a waste of a lot of talent.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Re: Injuries

Postby ponystudent » Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:22 am

and what happened to Riddle?

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Apr 22, 2001 5:51 pm

Ryan Riddle tore his ACL. Hopefully he should be ready in the fall or at least sometime in the season.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Apr 22, 2001 5:59 pm

Marcus has missed a lot due to academics. Last year I believed he missed a few games due to missing class, and this past season he was suspended for several weeks, again, for academic reasons. Now he is sitting out the spring due to grades.

He needs to get his act together and figure out which direction he wants to take his life.

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby tex » Thu May 10, 2001 7:00 pm

the reason there were a lot of injuries is due to the football coaching staff's new weight lifting program. There a great bunch of guys but they are not certified to creat or administer a lifting program.
tex
Recruit

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon May 14, 2001 1:16 pm

I don't know - if Coach Giles can make these guys look like Giles when he played for Texas (or when he played in the NFL and CFL), I'll take it.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Football