PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Georgia Tech to the Big 10

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Georgia Tech to the Big 10

Postby Stallion » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:00 pm

SMU would need 3 Big East Championships and a BCS Bowl Championship before even being considered a possibility. I don't see that happening in forseeable future so it ain't worth discussion at least until we recruit a class that could start to cash those checks.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:22 am

Just like we needed a CUSA championship in order to get an invite to the Big East. The fact that Tulane got dragged into the Big East ahead of way more successful programs tells you that this is all about TV market.

GT hasn't won anything in years, yet they are in the Big 10 ahead of way bigger and more successful ACC schools. Why do you think that is?
JasonB

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am

actually I believe they are playing in their third ACC Championship at 6-6*. Apparently, not in yet but I've seen numerous quotes from major ADs and Head Coaches that things are going down-soon. What does Georgia Tech have to do with SMU- Two totally different deals. I'll be waiting for that PAC bid with baited breath

* Miami is ineligible due to NCAA sanctions
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sbsmith » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 am

JasonB wrote:Just like we needed a CUSA championship in order to get an invite to the Big East. The fact that Tulane got dragged into the Big East ahead of way more successful programs tells you that this is all about TV market.

GT hasn't won anything in years, yet they are in the Big 10 ahead of way bigger and more successful ACC schools. Why do you think that is?

Remember that AAU status is a big deal to the Big 10 so that eliminates every ACC school but Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Pitt and Virginia. The Big 10 needs 2 to get to 16 and Georgia Tech and North Carolina are the obvious adds.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Previous

Return to Football