PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MWC expansion poll

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

MWC expansion poll

Postby KingCal » Wed May 09, 2001 4:55 pm

at the conference realignment website,
<A HREF="http://ncaa.homepad.com" TARGET=_blank>http://ncaa.homepad.com</A>
KingCal

Re: MWC expansion poll

Postby NavyCrimson » Wed May 09, 2001 5:23 pm

i remember an article awhile back re smu's future conference affiliation & which way it should go....

@ that time (last 2-3 yrs) the 'higer-ups' adv that the school would only pursue opps in the central or eastern time-zones which makes sense....good luck with your poll mountain goats!

------------------
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Peruna1 » Thu May 10, 2001 6:24 pm

i know it sounds crazy, but a "switch" or just a plain move (w/ baylor or w/o) to the big 12 conference would be huge for the school. let's face it. baylor is overmatched. i'm sure you would say the Ponies would be overmatched. that's not necessarilly true. if they switched, we'd attract more players from all over the place. we'd be a competitive squad, a real winner. we'd attract more students to they school, they'd go to the games. we'd obviously sell out Ford. that would bring back some old times, and new ones! it's just a crazy idea, more like a dream, but it would be great. P.S. sorry to all you guys that though i should be Bevo1, didn't mean to get pushy.
Peruna1

Postby PK » Thu May 10, 2001 6:39 pm

No problem Bevo...er...Peruna1. Image I enjoy a good semi-rowdy exchange of ideas and thoughts. If that's how you feel or it's what you think...share it with us. We may disagree some times, but so what. Things can get pretty boring when everyone is in complete agreement all the time.

Go Ponies!!!!!!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football