PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Another UT Player to SMU?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Another UT Player to SMU?

Postby Cougar King » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Looks I hit a pretty deep nerve judging by the butthurt responses. You beat one time in almost 10 years in front of 4000 peope and think that you're world beaters. Status quo will return when we beat you in front 30-45000+ (depending on our record of course.)

Academic smack? Really? We have one of the better law and business programs and many of our players already have theor degrees, so I would think they take their educations seriously. Also, were ranked in USNWR Top 200 , Forbes and other publications.

Rayburn-Peckerwood? I'm not even white. Lol

The meltdown on Ponyfans when/if UH leaves SMU behind will be epic. Your pres was pretty thankful to our pres for bringing SMU to the AAC when we didn't even have to. ;)
Cougar King

Postby SMU 86 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Cougar King wrote:Looks I hit a pretty deep nerve judging by the butthurt responses. You beat one time in almost 10 years in front of 4000 peope and think that you're world beaters. Status quo will return when we beat you in front 30-45000+ (depending on our record of course.)

Academic smack? Really? We have one of the better law and business programs and many of our players already have theor degrees, so I would think they take their educations seriously. Also, were ranked in USNWR Top 200 , Forbes and other publications.

Rayburn-Peckerwood? I'm not even white. Lol

The meltdown on Ponyfans when/if UH leaves SMU behind will be epic. Your pres was pretty thankful to our pres for bringing SMU to the AAC when we didn't even have to. ;)

We were asked to join the Big East first after the victory over TCU 2 years ago. Had nothing to do with your president. Houston and others were asked after the other Big East defections came.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:42 pm

If your prediction of UH leaving SMU behind is as accurate as your prediction about last years SMU - Houston Fball game, I don't think we have a lot to worry about.

FYI - I don't think anyone is butt hurt about us getting UT transfers or what you think about that fact. We just get tired of your lame [deleted] smack.

Please come up with something original or challenging. Though it is fun to see everyone dog pile you when you say something stupid.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby malonish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 pm

It used to be fun having our conversations CK, but you've run out of good bullet points to bring up. Now you're just firing blanks. Keep bringing factual inaccuracies and we'll keep correcting you. I think it's actually been about 6 months since you even responded to something I've said because I've shut you down every time. Face it, I've got your number because you are a typical cougar high intellectual who can't stand with the average SMU grad(by no means was I even close to top of my class). Tell Piland to take fish oil. It helps with brain injury after the trauma he's gonna get and with his glass jaw he's gonna need it :lol:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:49 pm

This thread is really getting boring-especially since the UT transfer had no substance. UH does the same thing that SMU finally is doing-for decades UH always got a steady stream of BCS transfers especially those wanting to return to Houston. What's the difference
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby dirtysouthpony » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

[quote="Harry0569"]Speaking of Dyer - EXCELLENT article on Grantland. Definitely check it out.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/950 ... ags-sports[/quote

Great article.]
dirtysouthpony
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:04 pm

leopold wrote:Rumor is that Dyer is off to Louisville. Thank god we don't play em this year - him and bridgewater could be a vicious combo.

As far as the UT player is concerned, one fight doesn't bother me. Hopefully the kid has no other issues; I'd love to have him.

I am declaring this a good call. Although Dyer is not announcing until Wednesday, the Registrars office at Louisville has confirmed that Dyer has completed enrollment forms.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby gostangs » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:22 pm

If my response to someone putting down my school academically is ever "but we are in THE TOP 200 schools in the country" - please shoot me! Oh wait - i guess i shouldn't use that phrase around a UH guy....
gostangs

Postby malonish » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:17 pm

I am one of the top 313.9 million earners in the United States.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm

i am among the tallest 300 million people also. so i have that going for me.
gostangs

Postby Cougar King » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:17 am

Th
gostangs wrote:If my response to someone putting down my school academically is ever "but we are in THE TOP 200 schools in the country" - please shoot me! Oh wait - i guess i shouldn't use that phrase around a UH guy....

That's funny and ironic that SMU is talking crap when they're the ones that had a gunman on campus
Cougar King

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:44 am

LOL. The guy had a knife and was a half a mile away from campus but don't let facts get in the way of your trolling.

I'm actually in Houston on business this week and drove down by the UH/Texas Southern shared campus. What an absolutely disgusting dump. That is easily one of the ugliest examples of public education architecture and sprawl in what appeared to be a demilitarized zone. Seriously I'm amazed that anybody would choose to attend school in a neighborhood that makes Tehran look like Beverly Hills. No wonder its still one of the largest commuter safety schools in the country.

Face it CK. Houston is still a safety school. Its a notch or two above UNT and UTEP but light years away from the respected universities in this state and likely will never be perceived as anything but a backup for kids that didn't get into SMU, UT, A&M, Baylor, TCU, Trinity, Southwestern, UT-Dallas, Tech, Abilene Christian, etc. Did I forget anybody?
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby malonish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:33 am

Cougar King wrote:
Also, were ranked in USNWR Top 200 , Forbes and other publications.

"Top 200." I know math is hard but Forbes literally just gives you the number (344). You'd think a UH student would be better at copying. It's obviously the only way you got a high school degree.

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/university-of-houston/
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:05 am

gostangs wrote:... so i have that going for me.

which is nice............ I think.
Bergermeister

Postby Cougar King » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:LOL. The guy had a knife and was a half a mile away from campus but don't let facts get in the way of your trolling.

I'm actually in Houston on business this week and drove down by the UH/Texas Southern shared campus. What an absolutely disgusting dump. That is easily one of the ugliest examples of public education architecture and sprawl in what appeared to be a demilitarized zone. Seriously I'm amazed that anybody would choose to attend school in a neighborhood that makes Tehran look like Beverly Hills. No wonder its still one of the largest commuter safety schools in the country.

Face it CK. Houston is still a safety school. Its a notch or two above UNT and UTEP but light years away from the respected universities in this state and likely will never be perceived as anything but a backup for kids that didn't get into SMU, UT, A&M, Baylor, TCU, Trinity, Southwestern, UT-Dallas, Tech, Abilene Christian, etc. Did I forget anybody?

Um...if we're still a commuter school then so is UT, Tech and a few others since we will have more people living on campus than everybody in the state save for A&M. That will especially be true when our estimated numbers (which is about a tad over 10,000+) come to fruition within the oncoming years.

You're calling my school "ugly" and that the historic Third Ward "makes Tehran look like Beverly Hills" yet sellout crowds come from all over to watch the Coogs play but nobody wants to watch the Ponies even though they are in an "upscale" area. Give us your OOC schedule and I guarantee we would bring no less than 50k. However, we still bring a decent crowd in spite of our crappy OOC.

In 2012:

We go 5-7 one of those losses to Texas State, 27k still show up even though by our standards that's bad attendance.

Ponies go to a bowl and still don't average over 23k. Take out the attendance buffer from aggy and it's even worse about 19k or so.

In 2011:

We sold out Robertson every game

Ponies have a very nice season and people still don't show up and a player even calls out the fans in his article

In 2010:

Coogs go 5-7 and still sell out

Ponies went to a bowl and yet nobody cared.

You can call UH many things but fans, students, Houstonians and especially quality recruits still love it. (Let's not get into how many players have chosen UH over SMU over the recent years outside of a few special cases.)
Cougar King

PreviousNext

Return to Football