PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Another UT Player to SMU?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Another UT Player to SMU?

Postby ponyscott » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

This UH idiot has nothing better to do...what a waste of time...go loiter somewhere else. Get a life.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Nobody I know has ever known everybody like that guy
ponyboy

Postby SMU 86 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 pm

CK is fun to debate with but we will still beat the Coogs. :D
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby malonish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:20 am

Cougar King wrote: Just because it's a black neighborhood, doesn't mean it's as violent and dangerous as you're trying to propagate.

Wow. Way to bring race into it. You should go into politics. When a politician is losing they pull out the race card.

I myself bring data:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/dallas/crime/

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/houston/crime/

And a stone's throw north of campus:
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/city ... n-houston/

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/houston/sauer-st/

Hmm. I still lose because he brought out the race card. Woe is me :mrgreen:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 am

I will give UH credit for this. They have had 229 on campus arrests in the last three years. SMU has had 213. The weapons arrests are 5 to 3 during that time period. Given that UH is a much bigger school, those numbers compare very favorably.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:19 am

Campus seems okay. No one tried to grab my stuff when I was there. I was very wary of staying with crowds and away from the borders of the campus.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BigT3x » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:52 am

I thought the feral dogs running around, homeless asking me for money, and abandoned shacks lining the campus were just lovely.

Frenchy's Chicken was delicious, though.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby ghost » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 pm

For a coach and program that profess a family atmosphere there seems to be more and more divorces, affairs and players being put up for adoption.... not to mention kids running away from home. Always with the agreement they will get their release if they only say good things about Mac and the program on their exit. You would think recruits would catch on by now
ghost
All-American

Postby Cougar King » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 pm

ghost wrote:For a coach and program that profess a family atmosphere there seems to be more and more divorces, affairs and players being put up for adoption.... not to mention kids running away from home. Always with the agreement they will get their release if they only say good things about Mac and the program on their exit. You would think recruits would catch on by now

Big talk coming from a program whose players pay for prostitutes, have multiple sexual assault allegations, coaches knocking up volleyball players, players and coaches bashing the fanbase, a coach taking everybody else's castoffs because his program is such a hard sell and among other things. So I highly recommend you don't cast stones while living in a glass house.

BigT3x wrote:I thought the feral dogs running around, homeless asking me for money, and abandoned shacks lining the campus were just lovely.

Frenchy's Chicken was delicious, though.

I bet you went through the drive-thru with your doors locked and your taser out.

malonish wrote:Campus seems okay. No one tried to grab my stuff when I was there. I was very wary of staying with crowds and away from the borders of the campus.

I'm sure you were ready to run from the first minority you saw.

malonish wrote:Wow. Way to bring race into it. You should go into politics. When a politician is losing they pull out the race card.

I can cite multiple posts where SMU posters make pretty heavy racist undertones esp when it comes to UH. Why bs about it, we all know how a good number of the folks at that school feel. SMU can't connect with most of DFW for reasons outside of getting a 4-year degree for 120k.

^Does this ring a bell?
Cougar King

Postby malonish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 pm

You can still live in a crap place no matter what race you are. I have enough evidence for Dallas superiority without having to debase myself by speaking of race in a negative context. You judge my predecessors, I judge the current state of things.

Let's get serious for a sec. Just because you are dealt a hand doesn't mean you have to stick with it. I grew up in a crap town and knew I had to focus on education to get out. Now I own my own home before the age of 25 on my own wages and my own scholarship dollars that I earned to get a degree. CK already decided that education wasn't important and settled for what he's got. Have fun in college while you can. The rest of life can be a real b-tch if you aren't prepared.
Last edited by malonish on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:27 pm

"I can cite multiple posts where SMU posters make pretty heavy racist undertones esp when it comes to UH. Why bs about it, we all know how a good number of the folks at that school feel. SMU can't connect with most of DFW for reasons outside of getting a 4-year degree for 120k."

So racist that we were the first school in the old SWC to offer an African American an athletic scholarship. So racist that we award the number 23 to a special player every season in Jerry Levias' honor. Yeah CK everyone is just racist to the core at SMU.

You're pretty good at stereotyping folks yourself there Cooga Queen I'm gonna go ahead and label you as racist.

Was this your doing?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ores-drie/
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby SMU 86 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:45 pm

No excuse for that sign CK. I am not going to try to defend that and it did not help our image. I wish we had retired Jerry Levias's number to tell you the truth. I still can't see why they didn't. From what I understand it bothered Levias and probably still does. It took June Jones to at least give an awarded number which still isn't retiring but it's something. Let's get back to football talk. The Coog coach will be fired after this season.

SMU 86

Postby malonish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Fortunately for us we have some positive momentum for the first time since before the DP. We started to make a winning culture in football but we had to deal with negative momentum. Even two years ago we don't score a commitment from a Tyler Harris and if we have another winning season we get 2 such caliber players and so on and so forth. If UH has another losing season they risk damaging the momentum they gained from having such good teams with Keenum throwing for them. Piland will be killing that momentum faster than a linebacker knocking him out. Levine isn't helping either.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 pm

UH actually signed Warren McVea before SMU signed Jerry LeVias
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU 86 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:08 pm

malonish wrote:Fortunately for us we have some positive momentum for the first time since before the DP. We started to make a winning culture in football but we had to deal with negative momentum. Even two years ago we don't score a commitment from a Tyler Harris and if we have another winning season we get 2 such caliber players and so on and so forth. If UH has another losing season they risk damaging the momentum they gained from having such good teams with Keenum throwing for them. Piland will be killing that momentum faster than a linebacker knocking him out. Levine isn't helping either.

Malonish has a good point.

SMU 86

PreviousNext

Return to Football