PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Another UT Player to SMU?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Another UT Player to SMU?

Postby ojaipony » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Wow. I've never seen that photograph before. PLEASE tell me it was making some kind of reference to something else. Very hard to believe that the school that admitted Levias and the first SWC school to let MLK speak on its campus (the theology school in the early to mid-60s I believe) could allow something like this. I've never heard of this before.

I mean, UH still sucks and it has absolutely nothing to do with race. But that photograph is really disturbing.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ojaipony » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:41 pm

malonish wrote:Let's get serious for a sec. Just because you are dealt a hand doesn't mean you have to stick with it. I grew up in a crap town and knew I had to focus on education to get out. Now I own my own home before the age of 25 on my own wages and my own scholarship dollars that I earned to get a degree. CK already decided that education wasn't important and settled for what he's got. Have fun in college while you can. The rest of life can be a real b-tch if you aren't prepared.

This ^.

Same goes for me. My family was lower middle class, and I was only able to get to SMU bc of a full ride academic scholarship. The doors opened, and I worked VERY VERY hard to blast them open (never worked less than 2 jobs and went to school full-time and still never had much money left over while many of my friends didn't work and had money - it sucked but it was what it was. Now, 15 years later, life is a billion times better for me because I went to SMU.
ojaipony

Postby PonySnob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:46 pm

ojaipony wrote:Wow. I've never seen that photograph before. PLEASE tell me it was making some kind of reference to something else. Very hard to believe that the school that admitted Levias and the first SWC school to let MLK speak on its campus (the theology school in the early to mid-60s I believe) could allow something like this. I've never heard of this before.

I mean, UH still sucks and it has absolutely nothing to do with race. But that photograph is really disturbing.

Was from the January 1981 issue of Texas Monthly......
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby ponyscott » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

This Couger guy is a SMU wannabe.....why would he spend time talking on a SMU site....makes NO sense. Get a friggin life dude..go talk to like minded folks..just plain weird. He may b in a home for disadvantaged cougars with nothing to do.
ponyscott

Postby ponyscott » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Why am I even talking to him....I digress...Tapatalj is too easy.
ponyscott

Postby malonish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 pm

That Tapatalk has some issues
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:33 pm

ponyscott wrote: ....why would he spend time talking on a SMU site...

Because the Texas Tech site is flat out ruthless. When the Coogs played them they flat out said prejudice things on their board about UH and man no bones about it. We will put Levine out of his misery. Should be interesting to see who starts between Piland and Cosh.
Last edited by SMU 86 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby SMU 86 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:34 pm

malonish wrote:That Tapatalk has some issues

Is Tapatalk that fun?

SMU 86

Postby BigT3x » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:13 pm

SMU 86 wrote:Is Tapatalk that fun?

I'm curious why the PF mods jump into action when someone says a naughty word but can't seem to update the expired Tapatalk API (anyone else get that error)?

Less thought police, more administering the website plz.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm

BigT3x wrote:
SMU 86 wrote:Is Tapatalk that fun?

I'm curious why the PF mods jump into action when someone says a naughty word but can't seem to update the expired Tapatalk API (anyone else get that error)?

Less thought police, more administering the website plz.

Happens on the other SMU board as well.......
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Cougar King » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:49 am

SMU 86 wrote:
Because the Texas Tech site is flat out ruthless. When the Coogs played them they flat out said prejudice things on their board about UH and man no bones about it. We will put Levine out of his misery. Should be interesting to see who starts between Piland and Cosh.

No. We confronted Tech on their boards and despite their banter, they were pretty intimidated when they came to The Rob and didn't do half of the things they said they were going to do. (UH fans don't play that crap, you guys already know that) That was when we realized what they are, a bunch of inbred rednecks that can dish it out when they're in Lubbock surrounded by their guys yet when they came on our turf, they kept their mouths shut and were on their best behavior, showing how weak they really are.
Cougar King

Postby SMU 86 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 am

Cougar King wrote:
SMU 86 wrote:

No. We confronted Tech on their boards and despite their banter, they were pretty intimidated when they came to The Rob and didn't do half of the things they said they were going to do. (UH fans don't play that crap, you guys already know that) That was when we realized what they are, a bunch of inbred rednecks that can dish it out when they're in Lubbock surrounded by their guys yet when they came on our turf, they kept their mouths shut and were on their best behavior, showing how weak they really are.

I am talking about all the prejudice stuff they were saying on their board not what they did in person. Anyway, who starts Piland or Coah?

SMU 86

Postby EastStang » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:51 am

You can find racists anywhere in America if you want to. They are at SMU, they're at Tech, they're at UH, they're at UT, they play for the Philly Eagles and so forth. SMU is no more or less racist than any other school. And for those of you too young to remember, I remember separate restrooms, waiting rooms, water fountains. That's racism. What you see today is only found in the fringes of society and usually is done by those who have an agenda one way or the other.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Cougar King » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:54 am

I don't know. It's 50-50 right now but it's honestly Piland's job to lose. Even though he technically lost it after the SMU game when Jones took over, who would have been the incumbent starter had he not graduated and became the Astros' commentator.
Cougar King

Postby malonish » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Cougar King wrote:I don't know. It's 50-50 right now but it's honestly Piland's job to lose. Even though he technically lost it after the SMU game when Jones took over, who would have been the incumbent starter had he not graduated and became the Astros' commentator.

That's an odd jump for Jones.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football