PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Out with the old, in with the new

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Out with the old, in with the new

Postby tex » Mon May 14, 2001 6:05 pm

If SMU wants to rise from its ashes this is what needs to be done. Fire Coopland! Then President Turner needs to bring in a AD that is dedicated to creating a winning program. The AD needs to be demanding and open to hear suggestions from people in his administration. Second, he needs to hire a high profile coach who knows what it takes to creat a winning program and give this coach all the resources he needs to win! Hiring coaches who simply want to drive nice cars and eat fancy luches on the athletic budget has been done (Cavan). Third, the AD needs to meet with every head coach and demand respect within the Athletic staff. Football coaches do not respect other coaches at this school and they walk around like they are Gods. There needs to be a feeling of respect for one another at this school. Bottom line...we need an AD with some balls and who will not put up with any one coaches ego trip!!! What does everyone else think.
tex
Recruit

Re: Out with the old, in with the new

Postby Bballer » Mon May 14, 2001 8:13 pm

I would have to agree with you on this. I think the staff is not completely dedicated. This rubs off greatly on the players and that explains why a good portion of the team are premadonas.

Copeland is too afraid to do some great things. Your statement was correct, tex.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby smu'06 » Mon May 14, 2001 8:16 pm

A man after a mission, just what we all like. Tex, from your comments, it sounds as if you are a part of a Mustang Coaching Staff?
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Postby tex » Tue May 15, 2001 1:03 pm

Thanks guys, and smuo6 you never know, i just might be on the coaching staff? Also, what Cavav needs to do is go talk to the Track coach and have him go over to Europe and get some of those 6'6" 350 all muscle throwers and put them on the o-line. If i was a head coach my [deleted] would be best freinds with the track coach so he could get me some of those mean lean forign boys.
tex
Recruit

Return to Football