PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Copeland

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Copeland

Postby Vitale » Wed May 16, 2001 2:21 pm

Anyone know how long his contract is? I'm not saying I want him to go (I think he's done a great job, considering what he's got to work with). But we always talk about the length of coaches' contracts, and I was curious.
Vitale
All-American

Re: Copeland

Postby Recruiting Guru » Tue May 22, 2001 2:30 pm

Don't know how long his contract is, but I agree with you -- Copeland sometimes gets a raw deal because of the performance of some of the teams. He's a great AD, and we need to keep him. There has to be a reason his name has been linked to the AD jobs at NC State, Alabama and Florida State in recent years. People know he's a great AD, and recognize that his hands are tied here financially at SMU.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Postby BUS » Tue May 22, 2001 7:34 pm

I think Copeland wants to put his mark on SMU and build a great program out of what he started with.

Look at what has happened over his tenure and give support for the future.

Yes, I get mad at times but SMU is on the rise.
GSS
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Tue May 22, 2001 8:36 pm

You are right BUS...football unfortunately is the thorn in his side. Other than that, men's and women's basketball is going in the right direction, men's soccer went to the final four, men's tennis has made the final four and at this moment still has a chance to advance (down 3-0, but still can win 4 in singles to win the match), swimming and diving are always good as is track and field. Copeland needs now to really concentrate on getting football back where it belongs and all will be good at SMU!!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Wed May 23, 2001 6:31 pm

Well said. The other sports are on the right track. Get football back in line, and we'll have a hell of a lot to brag about (not that we don't already).
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Return to Football