PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

smu'06 why dont you play

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

smu'06 why dont you play

Postby tex » Fri May 18, 2001 2:59 pm

smu'06 you seem like a dedicated and loyal fan. I know your in high school, but when you get to smu why dont you play football here. It would be refressing to see someone play who really wanted to play. You might bring some life back to this program. Just a thought.
tex
Recruit

Re: smu'06 why dont you play

Postby smu'06 » Fri May 18, 2001 4:00 pm

Tex,
I don't think I would be much help to the stangs other than on the sidelines or in the AD's/scheduling office.

I go to a small private school, without a football team. I know, I am deprived. I haven't played full contact football since little league, and then i wasn't very good.

I have a question for you. Can you get me 2 tickets to the Fresno game. I will be going down to big d for a final campus visit before, i make sure, SMU is my final decision. Email me at adamcpiper@hotmail.com

Thanks.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Postby tex » Fri May 18, 2001 4:07 pm

Well, let me tell you something smu'06, I would love to get you two tickets but im probably about to get fired. But, dont worry there are plenty of sets available. You will have no problem getting tickets. And trust me, you could play here. Even if you were 5'6" and a buck 80. It appears that is what the coaching staff is looking for these days. Hope you come to smu, its a great school. Ya'll have a hell of time thats for sure...
tex
Recruit

Postby smu'06 » Sat May 19, 2001 9:02 am

Tex,
How are you so sure that I can play at SMU. I'd like to talk to you about this privately. Is there any way I can contact you phone/email?
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2001 3:20 pm

Tex,
it appears to me that you assume the football players at our great school don't want to be out there playing. What makes you so sure that you know how the football players feel?

------------------
Stanglover rules all

Postby tex » Wed May 23, 2001 3:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What makes you so sure that you know how the football players feel?

[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I know the players, and there attitude sucks, but there are some exceptions...don't get me wrong they are a great bunch of guys but they [deleted] and cry about every little thing...not injuries but little things like working hard!!!
tex
Recruit

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2001 3:30 pm

Tex:
Do you think they are upset about working or about the conditions that they are working with. Don't get me wrong, I believe in hard work. I think that with hard work some conditions could change. I don't think they are mad about working hard.

------------------
Stanglover rules all

Postby tex » Wed May 23, 2001 3:44 pm

yes and no...It was the conditions with the football staff taking over the weight lifting program...but they have been like this for a few years now. Most of them are just rich kids who don't know the meaning of working hard. They would rather drive around in there convertibles and sit at the pool looking at half naked women (well you cant really blame them for that) then doing what they are suppose to be doing.
tex
Recruit

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2001 3:48 pm

Well tex you sound like you really have an in here. I would hope that you do, because i don't know how much the football team would like you calling them rich kids who don't want to work hard. Did you ever play football tex?

------------------
Stanglover rules all

Postby tex » Wed May 23, 2001 4:02 pm

Ya, I played football and I played with all these guys. Don't get me wrong, some of them do work and are actually pretty good and hard workers. But the majority are not! Just a fact.

And Stanglover does rule!!! Maybe if he is nice he will help me move soon.
tex
Recruit

Postby Guest » Thu May 24, 2001 11:16 am

Tex:
Who are some of the hardest workers.

Postby ponytalk » Thu May 24, 2001 1:40 pm

V I C T O R V I L O R I A
Melvin Williams
Big Mac
KG
Hargis
J A S O N P I P K I N S

That is about it.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby tex » Thu May 24, 2001 1:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ponytalk:
<B>V I C T O R V I L O R I A
Melvin Williams
Big Mac
KG
Hargis
J A S O N P I P K I N S

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill agree with Vic, Melvin for sure!!!!! KG does, Hargis yes but just not talented, and there is no doubt that Pip works hard...As for Mac HELL NO!!! He appears to work hard, and has everyone fooled!! He is always yelling and trying to encourage players, but in the off-season, when a football player has to work hard even though there are no fans around to cheer him on, Mac just Lacks!!! That and he is not very good!

Others who work hard:
Mason
Luter
Brown
Med Ball did but he is done

that is all...
tex
Recruit

Postby NavyCrimson » Fri May 25, 2001 12:08 pm

all good points & good inside info....

this lack of a work ethic - does it have anything to do with the fact that smu 'won't' take a scholarship away from an athlete unless he's in academic hot water/problems.....i have read that we are one of the VERY FEW schools that 'still' pursue this policy...consequently taking away many of the football players incentives ..

thanx for your response in advance!

------------------
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Ball Boy » Fri May 25, 2001 12:19 pm

I agree there are many walk-ons that work harder than the scholarship athletes and have better grades. They contribute to the team but don't get anything in return
All HAIL TEXASTANG
Ball Boy
Recruit

Return to Football