PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Michael Brown

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Michael Brown

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2001 1:38 pm

Tex, I have been on the field with this guy and I tell you what, there aren't too many others at SMU I would want out there. You want him to prove it, I've been there when the guy's ankle is so mangled and swollen to the size of a grapefruit that he really shouldn't be playing but he was. The bottom line is the guy plays hard and their is not too many guys that will own up their athletic minuses like Mac. I don't want to sound like I'm sucking him off because I'm not. I don't think he is great like some people but then again I can't think of one player that was "great" at SMU since I've been around. There have been some good players who I am sure any coach would want on their team but I think great is used a little to freely at SMU. This I know for sure, Mac will leave it on the field and whether or not he does it in the weightroom I don't know if he doesn't I wish he would, but he will on the field. And with the sad state of affairs SMU football is in right now, you can't ask for much more. With all that said, you do have reasons for what you think and some of them are valid but before saying someone has no talent on the field I think we really need to think first. I wish I could have seen more of you, I would have liked to have tried and open a couple of holes. Oh well, at Polk High School I scored four tochdowns in one game. Tex time is running short. You and your running buddy need to call me and have a few drinks before the 27th, let me know.

Postby James McCarthy » Fri Jun 08, 2001 10:02 pm

Hi I am James McCarthy and I just want Tex to know that you opinions of my talent don't really bother me. However, you hiding behind your computer and challenging me directly makes me a little angry. I know I'm not near the football player you were, nor will I ever posses the undying work ethic you showed on the field and in the weight room....but then again I'm not really here to impress anyone in this chatroom. I just think it is important for everyone to know why it is that I have such a distaste for Jeff Woods. Last football season, after we played Tulsa, I saw him in 7-11. I said hello and in conversation asked him if he attended the game (Jeff couldn't play because of a severe hamstring injury). the reply of "why would I go watch you guys play....ya'll suck" was taken by me to be a little offensive and that is the real only reason I dislike Jeff Woods. what is even worse is that I never took any action against him besides disliking him. do I think he should have been allowed in the weight room...no, but I didn't say a thing. did I think he should be allowed to even associate himself with the team after a comment like that?.....no, but I shut my mouth and let bigons be bigons. aside from a few remarks letting him know that I didn't appreciate his presence, I think my treatment of him was rather generous. as for you last comment Mr. woods, I've been looking for you to show you just how talented I am. And when I find you I think you will definitely be persuaded. By the way thank all you big lugs for defending me like fellow O-linemen should. And I know your all looking forward to seeing the wrath of Kong.
James McCarthy

Postby IAM23 » Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:33 pm

Get him BIG MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by IAM23 (edited 06-10-2001).]
IAM23

Postby Big Cat » Sun Jun 10, 2001 3:11 pm

Glad you chimed in Mac. Good for you.
Big Cat
Scout Team

Postby Cupcaking » Sun Jun 10, 2001 6:34 pm

this is almost as good as the soap operas.
Cupcaking
Scout Team

Postby ponystudent » Sun Jun 10, 2001 7:00 pm

could ponyfans.com video tape and have a webcast of the fight?

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby Ball Boy » Mon Jun 11, 2001 11:09 am

Break out the haymakers MAC
All HAIL TEXASTANG
Ball Boy
Recruit

Postby Ball Boy » Wed Jun 13, 2001 3:54 pm

MAC-
Let us know when you take care of the man who has been "out of order"
All HAIL TEXASTANG
Ball Boy
Recruit

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:37 pm

Are there any Dr. Kong/Woods updates?

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby woods » Wed Jun 20, 2001 5:44 pm

Actually, those were not my words to you mac. your story is true up until you got to my response as to why I did not go to the game. You asked me if I went to the game and I said, "no, san sucks, why would I go watch that game." San being san jose. I was implying that you guys would win and it would not even be a good game since san sucks. You just heard what you wanted to here and not what i really said. as for my posts on this site, they were unjust. You are a good athlete but when I hear that players say how you want to kick my [deleted] for something I never said, then It made me mad and I handled it wrong. But I tried to talk to yo about it and you wouldnt listen. but for the recored I never said smu sucked. I love the players there that I played with and would never say that. Im sorry you thought I said one thing when I said the opposite. But Mac is a good player he just pissed me off. Sorry mac and good luck. But you still probably wont beleive me...oh well...
woods

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:23 am

Sounds to me like the roaring guns and stunning, honky looks of the Dr. they call Honky Kong has influenced Woods to reconsider any and all statements made.

Another successful operation for the man, myth, legend, and WWF wrestler to be that bares the number 74 and name Honky Kong.

And Dr. H, I know that you dreamed and strived to be in WCW, but like I always said, WWF is better and it has prevailed after the buyout of Turner's so called "Wrestling" show.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SMUPonyFan (edited 06-20-2001).]
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby James McCarthy » Thu Jun 21, 2001 3:13 am

Well....I know what i heard, and I have no reason to make up something like that. You are not on my good list and probably never will be. Anyway, these petty things of the past are not all that important to me. Just watch your mouth and stay out of my way and we shouldn't have any problems.
James McCarthy

Postby Ball Boy » Thu Jun 21, 2001 11:18 am

Did someone sound the retreat?
All HAIL TEXASTANG
Ball Boy
Recruit

Previous

Return to Football