PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Incoming receivers

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Incoming receivers

Postby Recruiting Guru » Tue May 29, 2001 12:36 pm

If you think about it, SMU's passing game should be in great hands for several years. For starters, there are several talented pass-catchers already on board -- Cunningham, Cardwell, Ford, Freeman -- none of whom is a senior.

Then look at the incoming crew. Trey Griffin may be the fastest player on the team, even as fast as Kevin Garrett. Get the ball in his hands, and he has a real chance to score any time he touches the ball. Cedric Vinson may be almost as fast as Griffin, but nobody knows because of the horrible ankle injury he suffered last year. Vinson is an incredible athlete and seriously tough - he played all season on that bad ankle.

And keep in mind, Jay Taylor is supposed to be the best of the bunch.

Now if we can just get the QB and O-linemen to get the ball to all of them....
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Re: Incoming receivers

Postby smu'06 » Tue May 29, 2001 4:14 pm

AT QB - Bartel is supposed to be something special, now we just need to go out to West Texas and get us some Billy Bobs. Actually we should just go to Nebraska, Iowa, et al, and find us some big farm boys and get them down here. They already know how to pull tractors, a 300 lb linebacker should be no problem
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Re: Incoming receivers

Postby Horseshoe » Tue May 29, 2001 4:54 pm

Um .... a 300-pound linebacker? I don't think Levon Kirkland ever got THAT big. But if you can find him, get him on scholarship. Or, if he's 300 and can run, I'll pay his tuition myself!
Horseshoe
All-American

Return to Football