PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Corey Roberts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Corey Roberts

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 05, 2000 11:58 pm

Check this out...
<A HREF="http://boards.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=397&p=16&style=2&forumId=2825&action=ReadMsg&replytoid=2143294274" TARGET=_blank>http://boards.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=397&p=16&style=2&forumId=2825&action=ReadMsg&replytoid=2143294274</A>

This kid would be a huge addition! He is from Carthage, where Kris Briggs went to hs....

[This message has been edited by PonyFanMan (edited 07-05-2000).]

Re: Corey Roberts

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Jul 06, 2000 12:26 pm

Corey sure has some outstanding stats...He sounds like a prototype wide receiver. Can you imagine if we signed him, having The Comet and Corey.....That would be a great combination.......I am going to keep my fingers crossed!

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby PonyTales » Mon Jul 10, 2000 2:13 pm

We all love Comet - but let's not make it sound like he's the only talented WR on the roster. A 6-4 WR is appealing, but if we sign him, he still has to come in and EARN playing time from Cardwell, Cunningham, Carter, McDearman, Riddle, etc.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby graypony » Mon Jul 10, 2000 6:10 pm

From what I saw of Kueck's offense, we are going to need a lot of pass recievers. Get the good athletes on campus. We'll find a place for them. A lot of kids just played a particular position in HS because that was where their team needed them. These kids have the athletic talent to play in many different positions.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby HorsePower » Tue Jul 11, 2000 6:03 pm

Agreed - get the athletes, and we'll find a place for them. Top teams are full of players who excel at positions OTHER than those they played in High School. Carter and Freeman are on, what, their third positions? Write it down - they will be among the most productive players on the team.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2000 9:32 pm

Garvin just spoke to Corey again. Here is the link...
<A HREF="http://boards.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=798&p=16&style=1&forumId=2512&action=ReadMsg&replytoid=2142965749" TARGET=_blank>http://boards.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=798&p=16&style=1&forumId=2512&action=ReadMsg&replytoid=2142965749</A>

------------------
PonyFanMan
Co-Founder, Ponyfans.com
Cwilson@ponyfans.com
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!

Postby 91Stang » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:26 pm

Your boy Garvin is quite the humorist with that comment about Sonic shakes not qualifying as weight supplements. Hope he's a better recruiting analyst than comedian.

The interesting thing in that interview — on a UT-related site, too — is that the kid says UT has offered him a scholarship, yet he didn't include them on his list of schools he's interested in. Think that was an oversight on his (or Garvin's) part, or is this guy actually interviewing a kid who's not interested in Saint Mack and his mighty herd of cattle?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:28 pm

The site is indeed a UT site, but he interviews recruits no matter what school they are interested in. That is why I like his site and his so much.... Everyone should check it out if you are interested in recruiting info... <A HREF="Http://longhornlink.rivals.com" TARGET=_blank>Http://longhornlink.rivals.com</A>

------------------
PonyFanMan
Co-Founder, Ponyfans.com
Cwilson@ponyfans.com
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!

Postby jettison » Tue Jul 25, 2000 10:43 am

Would you want to go to UT as a receiver after the past couple of recruiting hauls they've pulled in at the position. I would rather go somewhere more realistic as well.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby jettison » Tue Jul 25, 2000 10:44 am

Would you want to go to UT as a receiver after the past couple of recruiting hauls they've pulled in at the position? I think I would rather go somewhere more realistic as well.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Return to Football