PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mike Mitchell?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mike Mitchell?

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 am

ReedFrawg wrote:
Ikus wrote:I can't understand why anyone would want to live in Waco or Fort Worth. Ever.

Funny that I feel the same way about Dallas. But that's okay...good thing we get to choose where we want to live!

I think Fort Worth is really nice. Downtown is starting to have an Austin feel to it lately.

Dallas feels like an east coast big city. Fort Worth feels like A traditional Texas town.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Mike Mitchell?

Postby East Coast Mustang » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:41 am

Ft. Worth is a nice city. Waco, College Station, and Lubbock are not.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:Ft. Worth is a nice city. Waco, College Station, and Lubbock are not.

This
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 am

Down to Texas Tech, Aggie and BU.

SMU and TCU out. Looks like distance wasn't really an issue, considering his dad's health...
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 am

Kid still wants to play big time college football.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

NCAA shouldn't approve a hardship waiver for Tech if he can play at Baylor or A&M in my opinion. Lubbock is a 5+ hour drive and not that much shorter of a plane flight than Ohio

If his true reason for transferring home is to be near his Dad, then he should go to BU or A&M. If he just wants to get out of OSU and play at Tech then he should sit a year like everyone else
East Coast Mustang

Postby Big12Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:NCAA shouldn't approve a hardship waiver for Tech if he can play at Baylor or A&M in my opinion. Lubbock is a 5+ hour drive and not that much shorter of a plane flight than Ohio

If his true reason for transferring home is to be near his Dad, then he should go to BU or A&M. If he just wants to get out of OSU and play at Tech then he should sit a year like everyone else

If he is transferring home to be near his dad, he should go to SMU or TCU.
Waco is far and so is A&M.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:NCAA shouldn't approve a hardship waiver for Tech if he can play at Baylor or A&M in my opinion. Lubbock is a 5+ hour drive and not that much shorter of a plane flight than Ohio

TCU has shown zero interest in him as far as I can tell...removing my own SMU bias from the equation,I can see why he would want to be closer to home but still play big time college football
East Coast Mustang

Postby Big12Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:16 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:

TCU has shown zero interest in him as far as I can tell...removing my own SMU bias from the equation,I can see why he would want to be closer to home but still play big time college football

We are a division I FBS program from a good conference, that has sent many to the NFL and plays a great schedule. BU, TCU, Aggy, Houston, Cincy, UCF...and you could argue UNT is decent. And all our games are televised in ESPN. I could argue he could play Big time football here.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 pm

We average about 10-15,000 fans for home games unless we're playing a Big XII or SEC school. So you'd be wrong again.
East Coast Mustang

Postby PonySnob » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:We are a division I FBS program from a good conference, that has sent many to the NFL and plays a great schedule. BU, TCU, Aggy, Houston, Cincy, UCF...and you could argue UNT is decent. And all our games are televised in ESPN. I could argue he could play Big time football here.

He might want to be on a team that actually wins some of those games against "big time" football programs..........and it's hard to call Houston, Cincy, and USF "big time".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Previous

Return to Football