PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Anyone Excited About the Football Season?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Anyone Excited About the Football Season?

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 am

All comes down to one question:

Is June Jones the coach that can make SMU a consistent 9 plus win program?

Its Year 7. We all know the answer. With the landscape of college football changing SMU can't afford to be apathetic and accept mediocrity. Thankfully the current AD knows this and will make the subsequent head chop after this season exposes June's pathetic recruiting and our monumental lack of depth.

Lets hope we can make the right hire to go from mediocre to good/great with a coach that looks and acts like he wants to be here.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:58 am

Agreed. Let's do whatever it takes to get to the next level.
ponyboy

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Long thread to read through, with the usual divergence into whether you love/hate/or whatever don't care about JJ. I am going to stick to the thread and say yes I can't wait for the football season and the SMU football season in particular. Gonna cheer the 'Stangs on the hardcourt tonight and then bring on football.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby SMU404 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:SMU is a top academic school, in the hottest growth city in the US, with a bball program on FIRE, a football program that has climbed above the Mendoza Line, and yet so many still continue to focus on the negative because we have to deal one more year with an NFL coach who doesn't like to recruit?

There's just not enough beer in the World sometimes...

If you're not moving forward you're moving backward. Simple words to live by that apply very well to this situation
Played in the June Jones Era
SMU404
Junior Varsity

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Support the team no matter what. Pack Ford.

We are moving forward with our football team but it happens to look like we are not due to BU and Texas A&M having once in a lifetime winning cycles and TCU getting into the Big 12. Let's not lose perspective, we are talking about an SMU program that suffered through a death penalty and permanent 3 win or less seasons. I am proud of our Football and how far we have come, and there is still a lot of work to do. I think June is like our "Franchione"...let's see if we get as lucky and find us our Fatterson to take us to AAC championships and hopefully jump to a better ship (PAC, B1G, SEC, ACC, Big 12..)
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Hart knows that June won't be around after this season. He has yet to make an impactful hire since he's been here at SMU. The coaching search after this season is his opportunity to make his mark on the future of SMU athletics.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:41 am

I love my Mustangs, but with this level of talent, I would be shocked to see us win 5 games.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:43 am

SMU404 wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:SMU is a top academic school, in the hottest growth city in the US, with a bball program on FIRE, a football program that has climbed above the Mendoza Line, and yet so many still continue to focus on the negative because we have to deal one more year with an NFL coach who doesn't like to recruit?

There's just not enough beer in the World sometimes...

If you're not moving forward you're moving backward. Simple words to live by that apply very well to this situation

Is that like saying if you're not first, you're last-Ricky Bobby
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Is it basketball season yet?
Mustangs35SMU

Postby PonySnob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:Support the team no matter what. Pack Ford.

We are moving forward with our football team but it happens to look like we are not due to BU and Texas A&M having once in a lifetime winning cycles and TCU getting into the Big 12. Let's not lose perspective, we are talking about an SMU program that suffered through a death penalty and permanent 3 win or less seasons. I am proud of our Football and how far we have come, and there is still a lot of work to do. I think June is like our "Franchione"...let's see if we get as lucky and find us our Fatterson to take us to AAC championships and hopefully jump to a better ship (PAC, B1G, SEC, ACC, Big 12..)

Is that you June?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:12 pm

PonySnob wrote:

Is that you June?

Man, enough with the witch hunt...
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Fan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Put down the liquor bottle.......
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby SMU Section F » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Pony Fan wrote:

Basketball season is over and football season is up next. It may be time to pick up the liquor bottles.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Pony Fan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:24 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
Pony Fan wrote:

Basketball season is over and football season is up next. It may be time to pick up the liquor bottles.

True
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:00 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
Pony Fan wrote:

This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Football