PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A new consultant is on the way!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: A new consultant is on the way!

Postby ReedFrawg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:56 am

In the world of big-time college football, $30K is a drop in the bucket. You have a lame duck interim coach who knows defense. I personally think its ridiculous not to support him with some offensive assistance...whether as a consultant or otherwise. It might not make a difference in wins and losses but it tells me that the admin doesn't care.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby PK » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:22 pm

ReedFrawg wrote: It might not make a difference in wins and losses but it tells me that the admin doesn't care.

You must be a Democrat...symbolism over substance. :lol: 8)
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Co-offensive coordinators, a offensive consultant hired in April and we have scored 12 points in 4 games. Maybe we can figure out something better.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Grant Carter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Does anyone know if the guy hired in April ever actually got hired and started here?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:02 pm

mrydel wrote:Co-offensive coordinators, a offensive consultant hired in April and we have scored 12 points in 4 games. Maybe we can figure out something better.

If you have any better ideas, I'm sure Mason would love to hear them.

Grant Carter wrote:Does anyone know if the guy hired in April ever actually got hired and started here?

That's a fair question and one that Hart should be asked.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:09 pm

My idea for Mason is to be sending his resume out to everyone he can. At season end I will thank him greatly for his service and wish him the best in the future. Do you really believe this ship can be righted to a bowl game level by bringing in someone to talk for a while?
mrydel

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:43 pm

mrydel wrote:My idea for Mason is to be sending his resume out to everyone he can.

That's career advice and I'm sure he (along with the rest of the staff) have been doing that since last month. Rather he is looking for suggestions on how to win football games this year.

mrydel wrote:Do you really believe this ship can be righted to a bowl game level by bringing in someone to talk for a while?

No, at 0-4 (and staring at 0-5) any bowl dreams are dead. The question is if immediate changes can help this team win 2-4 games the rest of the way. Or are you one of the folks that wants to see the team go 0-12 for your own reasons?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:00 pm

It doesn't matter anymore. The best thing we can do for the conference is lose and lose big. If we all of a sudden start winning, the conference looks weak
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
mrydel wrote:My idea for Mason is to be sending his resume out to everyone he can.

That's career advice and I'm sure he (along with the rest of the staff) have been doing that since last month. Rather he is looking for suggestions on how to win football games this year.

mrydel wrote:Do you really believe this ship can be righted to a bowl game level by bringing in someone to talk for a while?

No, at 0-4 (and staring at 0-5) any bowl dreams are dead. The question is if immediate changes can help this team win 2-4 games the rest of the way. Or are you one of the folks that wants to see the team go 0-12 for your own reasons?

I want as many wins as we can get but 4-8 or 0-12 does not matter. At season end we start from scratch. New coach, new scheme, new recruits, new direction. Will it be better? I hope so but I do not know. But other than in the record books the number of wins will not be relevant.
mrydel

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I always want us to win but I hate to think what it will say about the quality of our conference if we win 3-4 games in the AAC.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:I always want us to win but I hate to think what it will say about the quality of our conference if we win 3-4 games in the AAC.

At least we want the top teams in the conference to score big wins, UCF, ECU, Cincy at least. I would be glad if we beat Houston and the rest though.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football