PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustangs going to Dallas Day

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Mustangs going to Dallas Day

Postby JasonB » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Mason was quoted before saying that you redshirt players, then play them on special teams as a RS-Frosh, then play them minutes as a sophomore on. So now is the time we would expect both Richardsons to step up.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

mrydel wrote:Just look at what happened when he was not on the field. 3rd and 35 against Rutgers in OT for example. He was #2 behind Acker or someone else would have been playing. And yes that is scarey.

Not on the field or on? That play was awful. One of the worst defensive things other than UH's first offensive play where the D (dunno who) got beat hard for a TD pass.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 pm

malonish wrote:
mrydel wrote:Just look at what happened when he was not on the field. 3rd and 35 against Rutgers in OT for example. He was #2 behind Acker or someone else would have been playing. And yes that is scarey.

Not on the field or on? That play was awful. One of the worst defensive things other than UH's first offensive play where the D (dunno who) got beat hard for a TD pass.

Parks was not on the field for the Rutgers play, or at least was not the cover corner. Again, I am not trying to defend him but just pointing out he was the best we had available at corner. It is possible he could perform better at safety.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby malonish » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 pm

mrydel wrote:Parks was not on the field for the Rutgers play, or at least was not the cover corner. Again, I am not trying to defend him but just pointing out he was the best we had available at corner. It is possible he could perform better at safety.

I'm not attacking my favorite Pitch story receiver or anything. I'm just sad.

This is my sad face
:(
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:22 am

JR Richardson was the kid who got burned on the 3rd and 30 play in OT against Rutgers. What a gutbuster of a play that was.

Parks has a shot at playing in the CFL. He's got good size and speed but he's not an NFL caliber corner.

Jeremy Johnson is gonna have to really work to make an NFL roster. He's not very big and not very fast. Not a great combination.

Jay Scott looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. I don't see an NFL future there.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby mrydel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:56 am

I purposely did not use the name of the kid burned on the play because Mason said afterwards that he (Mason) had the wrong coverage called and he (Mason) took the blame for what happened. I thought that was kind of classy, true or not.

But I also remember a very similar play against Tulsa a few years back with a 4th and long from about the 40 when Tulsa lined up in the pooch punt formation and threw a 40 yard TD. Strangely familiar.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Previous

Return to Football