PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Spring Game Article

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Spring Game Article

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 am

There was a good article on ESPN about Spring Games and how many programs are trending away from them to get extra practice time and limit injuries. I know everyone has been down on June for this since he started here, but I think this would have been more acceptable to us hardcore fans if the marketing department had come up with a strategy like the field pass mentioned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... r-wasteful
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Re: Spring Game Article

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:18 am

If it were up to June I think he'd do away with spring ball altogether. He's said multiple times that he doesn't care for it.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Big12Mustang » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:27 am

If they are not going to market it properly, then get rid of it.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 am

StallionsModelT wrote:If it were up to June I think he'd do away with spring ball altogether. He's said multiple times that he doesn't care for it.

He has said he does not care for spring practice or a spring game? If it is practice, do you have a link? I have never heard of him saying that.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:09 am

StallionsModelT wrote:If it were up to June I think he'd do away with spring ball altogether. He's said multiple times that he doesn't care for it.

Only quotes I have seen says he doesn't care for spring game not spring practice. That would be like saying we shouldn't practice at all...
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Big12Mustang » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Grant Carter wrote:

He has said he does not care for spring practice or a spring game? If it is practice, do you have a link? I have never heard of him saying that.

He has said he doesn't care for the spring GAME. I agree with him there, it really is a dog and pony show but it does help build hype if executed properly..
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Still wondering if stallionsmodelt has a link for his statement. Seems like everyone agrees June has downplayed the spring game and not spring practice.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Return to Football