PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Faucett

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coach Faucett

Postby ponytalk » Sat Jun 16, 2001 1:04 am

I have heard nothing but good things about the new strength coach. Sounds like he is a motivator and knows his stuff in the weight room.

Time will tell.
ponytalk
Varsity

Re: Coach Faucett

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sat Jun 16, 2001 2:15 pm

He came from Mad Dog's staff at UT. That is a GOOD thing. I have a feeling he will provide the motivation, discipline, and leadership that has been lacking in the strength department.

I also bet that he will not allow hooligans to "volunteer" or work in the weight room. You all know who I am talking about. Ones that go blabbing about everything on boards like these. He seems to have a professional side about him and it shows with his quick riddance of some distracting staff members.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Coach Faucett

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:36 pm

Note to Coach Faucette: We need you to develop the same sort of aura/reputation Mad Dog has in Austin. There are a lot of players who have said openly that they sign with UT in large part because they want to train under him.

From here on out, I'm referring to Coach Faucette by his nickname from his San Diego Chargers days: "The Diesel" (with apologies to the great John Riggins, who had the name first.)

Keep up the good work, Diesel. Make the Ponies, big, strong, ugly and nasty. Make the other teams feel it in the fourth quarter.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Return to Football