PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Q&A with RBs coach Steve Broussard

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Q&A with RBs coach Steve Broussard

Postby PonyPride » Sun May 25, 2014 11:14 am

New SMU running backs coach Steve Broussard sat down with PonyFans.com to discuss a number of topics, including how he responded to losing his previous job, what it was like to play for and now coach with June Jones, his thoughts on recruiting, what he expects from his players and his early assessment of the Mustangs' returning running backs.

To read this story, please check the link on our home page: http://www.PonyFans.com

Enjoy!

Webmasters
PonyFans.com

Reminder: Due to a change in PonyFans.com's relationship with our ad serving company, please access all PonyFans.com stories and videos via the home page, rather than copying the direct link to the message boards. Doing so allows the ads to benefit the site more, thereby allowing us to continue to operate this site at no charge to our readers.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Q&A with RBs coach Steve Broussard

Postby NastyStang » Fri May 30, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm going to assume Broussard was posturing. Pope as his #3? Imagine if we could get past the 'starting a RB cause he blocks" mentality. It was great with Z. Line, but his brother is not the answer. We need all the help we can get on offense. Give me Pope/KC/Frosh combo. Line can hammer a goal line.
NastyStang
Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri May 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Agreed, NastyStang. I thought the RB depth chart would be completely reversed: Pope, KC, Line, with Gresham coming in and immediately competing for playing time.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby knuckleup » Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 am

Good thing y'all aren't the coaches. Fully expect to see line as primary back. Let's go STANGS. SWEET
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't know if it's posturing, but I don't think we should read too much into it. I think he has to say Pope is #3 (and not just on his jersey) because he hasn't had a real practice yet for Broussard. If he said Pope's his guy, that would send a bad message to the players. Until Pope practices, Broussard has to say he's behind Nlemchi and Line, in whatever order. I bet 4 or 5 of them get a crack at the job in August.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby malonish » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 pm

knuckleup wrote:Good thing y'all aren't the coaches. Fully expect to see line as primary back. Let's go STANGS. SWEET

Line comma P dot

Line, P.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football