PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Waco Parking Information

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Waco Parking Information

Postby lwjr » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 am

ponyboy wrote:They're reserving it for helicopter parents only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig James has a son at Baylor?
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Hahaha. Touche.
ponyboy

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:45 pm

ponyboy wrote:Touche.

That's not how you say it.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby BiPolarBear » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Another hot off the presses info about Waco Game Day Parking from the Waco Tribune Herald dated 6-19-2014

KEY POINTS OF THE ARTICLE: 2500 FREE DOWNTOWN WACO SPACES AND BUSES TO THE STADIUM DEPART FROM THE CORNER OF AUSTIN AVE AND SOUTH 5TH STREET.

With parking at the stadium and on campus mostly sold out, the city of Waco is taking responsibility for providing shuttles from free downtown lots, at an estimated cost to the city of $30,000 for the season.

Deaver said he was concerned whether there would be enough buses to get the downtown crowds to and from the game in a reasonable time.

Waco Transit General Manager John Hendrickson said he plans to start out with six buses before the game and 10 buses afterward, but for the first game he’ll have extra buses and drivers on call if they’re needed.

The buses will start two hours before the game to run six buses from the corner of Austin Avenue and South Fifth Street to the Martin Luther King Jr. intersection with Interstate 35, a trip that takes about four minutes one-way.

Post-game, the goal is to get everyone downtown within 75 minutes, Hendrickson said. He said he expects Waco Transit will serve about 4,300 downtown passengers in all.

Meanwhile, Waco Downtown Development Corp. officials are working to assemble 2,500 free off-street parking spaces in downtown, including public lots and private lots. City Manager Dale Fisseler said the city of Waco has agreed to assume any legal liability for the private parking lots on game day.
BiPolarBear
Recruit

Postby JohnS » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Parking downtown will probably be the best bet. The busses will be nice on the way in due to the spread out arrival time of fans. Leaving the game will be another issue all together since exit time will be increasingly concentrated.

Keep in mind that there is a nice sidewalk leading from the south side of the new pedestrian bridge to downtown. The sun will be down so it will be cooler, the lamp post lined walk takes about 15-25 minutes (however long it takes you to walk 1 mile).
JohnS

Postby GiddyUp » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:02 am

Sounds like a cluster F to me. Im skipping this one
GiddyUp

Postby Stallion » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:12 am

I did it 2 years ago at the old stadium and it was pretty good although I'm expecting it to be much more congested this time. Much shorter distance to new stadium. Every school in Texas handles this with not much problem. I've taken busses at A&M, Tech, TCU, Baylor. It just across the street from the Hilton on west side of the river-not a long walk if you had to. Hell A&M takes up a whole shopping mall parking lot and I bet they handle about 25,000 or so. This shouldn't be rocket science.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby BiPolarBear » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:50 am

New rules in Baylor stadium neighborhood allow parking in yards, not on streets

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/b ... 4f33c.html

Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:01 am

By J.B. SMITH jbsmith@wacotrib.com

Football fans will be allowed to park in driveways and yards in the East Waco neighborhood around McLane Stadium, but not on the streets, under a policy Waco City Council approved Tuesday.

The council voted to allow “temporary parking facilities” on private property on days when nearby event venues, such as the stadium, draw crowds of more than 5,000 people.

Such property owners would be temporarily exempt from the usual zoning requirements for commercial parking, such as a paved surface.

For the same events, the city traffic engineer would be authorized to designate no-parking zones for the streets around the venue. Streets in the residential neighborhood around the stadium will be designated no-parking zones on game days, city officials said.
BiPolarBear
Recruit

Postby BiPolarBear » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:08 pm

http://www.waco-texas.com/Transit/baylor-tailgater.asp

Baylor Home Game
Football Shuttle

This is FREE shuttle provided by Waco Transit for Baylor home games.The shuttle for football games picks up at up at:5th & Austin Avenue (by City Hall)

PLEASE NOTE:

The shuttle starts running 2 hours before game time and continues until one hour after the game. There is an 8 to 10 minute turnaround time per vehicle (2.2 mile route to stadium). For more information or advertising options, call 254/750-1900.

*10 minute service time is contingent upon creating a bus only lane on MLK Boulevard.

map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewe ... hy1AcZySGA
BiPolarBear
Recruit

Postby JasonB » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

If you bought tickets for the game, you should have received an email about Bus service SMU may be offering to the game...
JasonB

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 am

My mother lives 25 miles from the stadium. Might be easier, to park at her house and get her to drive me to the game. :lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:09 pm

I would have to be paid To go to that game. Would do it for no less than $2500. Last time parking sucked. 110 standing in sun. Broken speaker blasting me. 28-0 at half or something like that. Had it TiVo'd and when I watched it from my couch I thought " this is 10,000x" better than going to that beating

The only highlight of going was shaking hands with a really drunk Lance Mc.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 pm

That was the hottest game I have ever been to. I think with the new stadium the sun angle won't be as bad - the old stadium was positioned so that the press box didn't block the sun on the visiting side. The new stadium is enclosed and not open from the west.

I think we sold our allotment (finally), so it should be a great time. If some of the predictions on this board are accurate as far as the record is concerned, this may be a bigger crowd of SMU supporters than some of our home games at the end of the year :). Opening a new stadium is always fun as well.
JasonB

Postby BiPolarBear » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:25 am

Google Earth Map showing all Parking and Eating Establishments. The Parking Designations on Campus are spoken for except for legal curb spaces up until the Campus is closed four hours prior to game time. There will be parking allowed at residences NORTH of the Stadium. There will be free parking spaces downtown at the P designations on the Map which are close to restaurants and shuttle buses.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/b ... 1138d.html
BiPolarBear
Recruit

Postby austinponie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:20 pm

GiddyUp wrote:Sounds like a cluster F to me. Im skipping this one

:mrgreen: Not sure I can warrant the effort, then to endure the game itself..

Still on the fence - I, too was at the 2012 game in Waco. Just a real, real $hittie time (aside from being with SMU fans).

Thanks for the updates BiPolar Bear...makes it easier...
austinponie
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football