PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCF football opponent analysis: SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UCF football opponent analysis: SMU

Postby Pony^ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:03 pm

With that in mind, the Orlando Sentinel got together with beat writers from various media outlets around the country to get the scoop on all the Knights' opponents this season.

We will showcase a daily Q&A with a beat reporter(s) covering one of UCF's opponents this season.

Up today? SMU football analysis from Dave Campbell's Texas Football associate editor and Dallas Morning News SMU/recruiting blogger E.J. Holland

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/knights-notepad/os-ucf-football-smu,0,5778048.post
Pony^
All-American

Re: UCF football opponent analysis: SMU

Postby JasonB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 am

I agree with a lot of the concerns, however I don't think RB is one of them. The bad running stats I think are due to the o-line, not the skill of the backs themselves. We have talent and depth at RB... the success of the offense is going to depend a lot on how much the o-line grows up.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:05 pm

If the OL can show improvement this year, that would be a great sign for 2015, since our entire OL will be back.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby ghost » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Great thing about college football? There are a handful of teams that are going to be contenders year after year based on recruiting and coaching stability and then there are the others. I bet the hometown paper and DCTF didn't have CFU winning the conference and beating the mighty Big 12 champion Baylor Bears with such ease in the Fiesta Bowl did they? That could be SMU with a better recruiting effort and determined coaching/fan support.
ghost
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Don't discount the fact we almost beat University Central Florida last year too.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm

ghost wrote:Great thing about college football? There are a handful of teams that are going to be contenders year after year based on recruiting and coaching stability and then there are the others. I bet the hometown paper and DCTF didn't have CFU winning the conference and beating the mighty Big 12 champion Baylor Bears with such ease in the Fiesta Bowl did they? That could be SMU with a better recruiting effort and determined coaching/fan support.

I agree with you. I don't think the fan support will be hard to come by once we line up some good seasons. Market it correctly and we should make ford fuller than what it has been.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football